Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Zone MC preapproval site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reward Zone MC preapproval site

Ive been reading on a couple different threads that people have done an online pre-selector for the RZMC.  I have been successful in finding where to apply for the card, but haven't found a place to do the pre-selector to determine which version I might qualify for.  Im familiar with HSBCs online app system where it asks you basic questions then returns cards that you qualify for, but it doesnt seem to offer that option on the RZMC app site.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Reward Zone MC preapproval site

i dont believe i have ever seen a preapproval for them . I know alot of us have either gotten a counter offer when applying for the bestbuy store card or like me when i applied for the store card they asked me if i wanted to get the RZMC also.

But the post below proves there is! Smiley Happy hehe 

Message Edited by Woolfman on 12-14-2009 10:27 AM
Message 2 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did this myself last week. You are looking for :

https://www.hsbcapply.com/start/rewardzonemastercard?media=B5IM29H20061100001EM

After I apped and checked status it said unable to complete we will contact you by mail within 10-14 days. Checked it daily and same for three days. Then on third day checked and Congratulations you have been approved with a credit limit of $300. Not much but I was happy with it. AM going to negotiate when I activate and try to get higher CL.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 75
cdtotten
Established Contributor

So using the link you provided, they will not perform a hard pull?

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much Okstate...!

When I did it, it says Im qualified for the Reward Zone Platinum with no annual fee.  Is that a decent product?

Message 5 of 75
reereetx
Contributor

I tried the link above...got the following message:

We are unable to complete your request with the information provided. Valid information is required for us to recommend the credit card that best fits your needs and/or credit profile.

Message 6 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdtotten wrote:
So using the link you provided, they will not perform a hard pull?

I tried it out just for fun and got this message:

Congratulations! The information you provided us
has pre-qualified you for the following credit card offer(s).

There was a button to "apply for this card" (which I didn't press) below it so I'm pretty sure it doesn't do a hard pull until you press that button.  Just like the Orchard Bank website does, I believe.  I was pre-qualified for a Platinum card, FWIW, in case anyone was wondering.  

Message 7 of 75
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just did the pre-approval and was offered a card, I applied and was denied due to "unsatisfactory performance on HSBC card" which is true, I had one in my BK but I currently hold a Sears Mastercard through HSBC which I just got 3 months ago so what gives!
Message 8 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

To those looking yes the first part is a soft pull. Then it will go to an offer screen. It may give you offers and it may give you something like no offers available as one poster above had. This is all soft. You then select the product you wish to apply for and hit submit and that generates the hard pull for final approval/decline mode and credit limit setting. My app showed the 10-14 day message for three days before my approval showed. So if you get that after apping keep checking.

For the poster that got the platinum no annual fee offer that is the best Reward Zone MC offer you can get. The only thing better is the store card.

THe 4 levels are :

Platinum No Annual Fee

Gold No Annual Fee

Gold w/ Annual Fee and higher interest

Secured Card

So the platinum is your best.

Message 9 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@reereetx wrote:

I tried the link above...got the following message:

We are unable to complete your request with the information provided. Valid information is required for us to recommend the credit card that best fits your needs and/or credit profile.

It sounds like you may have entered something wrong. I would try it again and double check everything you enter. Since you already have a card with them it shouldnt be hard for them to find your info if it was all entered correctly and its only a soft pull until you choose an offer so trying again wont hurt anything. If you put it all in correct and get the same message you may be able to call and see if they can figure out whats going on.
Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.