Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Zone MC preapproval site

tag
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Re: Reward Zone MC preapproval site

i'm surprised to be pre-approved for the BestBuy MC Platinum with zero AF. im afraid to take the plunge and go for a hard inquiry because I am hoping to finally unsecure my BoA secured card tomorrow, 12/31 (they said to call after the 30th!). boa pulls EX in california and i dont want to risk it!

unfortunately, it doesnt state what my APR or credit limit would potentially be.

Message 51 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would guess you got the gold no AF but the only way to tell is call and ask or wait until the card gets there with the terms. It doesnt tell you online it only gives your CL.

Congrats on the new card.

i was so approved, i called hsbc and they gave me more info about the card, btw congrats Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the pre-approval gizmo and was pre-approved for the RZMC.  While reading the T & C's, I noticed in small print at the very bottom it stated this offer does not apply to current HSBC cardholders.  So, I chickened out as I have an Orchard.

Strange thing is that on the normal HSBC pre-approval site it only gives me pre-qualification for a secured HSBC card.

If you have the RZMC can you do a product change for a normal HSBC card?

Message 53 of 75
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Interesting. I tried the pre-approval tool and got approval. I went ahead and applied and got the 'pending' status as they reviewed it. I called the same day, and the customer service rep ran something on her end and let me know I was approved with $1000 CL. I also already have an Orchard card, so I don't know that the 'not applicable to current HSBC cardholders' deal in the T&C is necessarily true.
Message 54 of 75
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@hawkeye33 wrote:
Interesting. I tried the pre-approval tool and got approval. I went ahead and applied and got the 'pending' status as they reviewed it. I called the same day, and the customer service rep ran something on her end and let me know I was approved with $1000 CL. I also already have an Orchard card, so I don't know that the 'not applicable to current HSBC cardholders' deal in the T&C is necessarily true.

After getting pre-approved I applied and got the pending status as well.  I spoke to them and was told I was approved.  Two weeks and still no card.  Called them again and there is no record of me applying for the card which means no approval.  Was told to re-apply.  Don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 55 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried the pre-approval gizmo and was pre-approved for the RZMC.  While reading the T & C's, I noticed in small print at the very bottom it stated this offer does not apply to current HSBC cardholders.  So, I chickened out as I have an Orchard.

Strange thing is that on the normal HSBC pre-approval site it only gives me pre-qualification for a secured HSBC card.

If you have the RZMC can you do a product change for a normal HSBC card?

I dont know about product change but I also had another HSBC card. THere have been many members who had another HSBC or Orchard card and still got approved. I wouldnt read too much into the writing. If it preapproved you and you want the card I would go for it.
Message 56 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emartin82 wrote:

i'm surprised to be pre-approved for the BestBuy MC Platinum with zero AF. im afraid to take the plunge and go for a hard inquiry because I am hoping to finally unsecure my BoA secured card tomorrow, 12/31 (they said to call after the 30th!). boa pulls EX in california and i dont want to risk it!

unfortunately, it doesnt state what my APR or credit limit would potentially be.

If you want the card I would just wait until you unsecure your BofA then do the preapproval again. It is only a soft so doesnt hurt and most likely the offer will still be there.
Message 57 of 75
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I am so glad I saw this thread! I currently have a BBRZ Gold MC with a 700 limit, with a 39.00 AF (just raised from 500 last month). I also have a Orchard card with a 600 limit and a 39.00 AF. I have had this card for 2 yrs. I did the pre-approval, and was approved for a Platinum Card. When clicked on "apply now" got the processing app message. Just checked and was approved for the Platinum with a $5000 limit!!! Goodbye Orchard and BBRZ Gold (my last 2 cards with "play limits," and AF's)!!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 58 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emptypockets wrote:
I am so glad I saw this thread! I currently have a BBRZ Gold MC with a 700 limit, with a 39.00 AF (just raised from 500 last month). I also have a Orchard card with a 600 limit and a 39.00 AF. I have had this card for 2 yrs. I did the pre-approval, and was approved for a Platinum Card. When clicked on "apply now" got the processing app message. Just checked and was approved for the Platinum with a $5000 limit!!! Goodbye Orchard and BBRZ Gold (my last 2 cards with "play limits," and AF's)!!

congrats! welcome come to the platinum family....i was approved also 3 days ago for $500, i wish there was an extra 0...lol, now im just waiting on the card....
Message 59 of 75
wfreeman3
New Contributor

Just approved for $5000.  Pulled EQ.  700 FICO

Starting Score: 766
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.