cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards+ 10% extra with Custom Cash?

tag
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: Rewards+ 10% extra with Custom Cash?

@MrDisco99 wrote:

So wait... there's a 100K annual limit on the 10% kickback from Rewards+?

If so I may need to be strategic about how I redeem the large number of points I have saved up.

That's still a generous $10,000 annual spend.  And if you are hitting that, you're likely hitting your CC cap already as well.  And even if you hit the annual cap with your DC, it's not like they drop you to 1%, you'll continue to get 2% just not 2.2%.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 21 of 23
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

So wait... there's a 100K annual limit on the 10% kickback from Rewards+?

If so I may need to be strategic about how I redeem the large number of points I have saved up.

That's still a generous $10,000 annual spend.  And if you are hitting that, you're likely hitting your CC cap already as well.  And even if you hit the annual cap with your DC, it's not like they drop you to 1%, you'll continue to get 2% just not 2.2%.  

Annual spend has nothing to do with it.  That's assuming I cash them out as soon as I earn them, which I don't.

I have around 200K points right now, partly thanks to signup bonuses which I get every 2 years, and saving points for travel rather than cashing them out.  It's easy to use over 100K points ($1000 cash value) on a single trip.

Message 22 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

@CL-Addiq wrote:

The more analogous trifecta is CC+DC+Premier. The Premier adds valuable transfer partners generally valued at close to 2cpp. Adding Rewards+ to make the Quadfecta ensures roughly 11% on your top spend category (up to $500 a month) and 4.4% on everything else. This is assuming you're cashing out your points on travel.

So I actually googled Citi trifecta and sure enough this came up. But Citi DC + CC + Rewards+ makes for a serious Cashback trifecta that as far as I can tell can't be duplicated anywhere else. Obviosly if you want to stack travel rewards then it's a different ballgame. I never really travel anywhere so I don't bother with travel rewards.

MyFico seems to have a love affair with trifecta/quadfecta. IMO, such a concept is very artificial.   A great card can stand on its own.  Or it may take 6 cards to "really" own a particular ecosystem.   Just choose which and how many cards make sense to you.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.