Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards CC for telephone?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Rewards CC for telephone?

I'm wondering if there are any CCs that give more than 1% for phone (regular, not cell).

I have Zync's Connect pack, but I believe that is only 2x for cell, not regular, land lines.

Barclay's MC gives 2% for utilities, but not sure that incl phone.

Does anyone use their CC for phone bill and if so, which ones give highest %?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Rewards CC for telephone?

I've never seen one better than %2. I use my discover card to auto pay bills for their %2 cash back.

You could ask Barclays if they include phone. Or just try and see.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I'm wondering if there are any CCs that give more than 1% for phone (regular, not cell).

I have Zync's Connect pack, but I believe that is only 2x for cell, not regular, land lines.

Barclay's MC gives 2% for utilities, but not sure that incl phone.

Does anyone use their CC for phone bill and if so, which ones give highest %?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Discover gives 2% if you put the account on auto pay with them.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Hmm. Well, I don't have Discover and don't think it's in my future from the blacklisting I've read about with them.

2% on phone would be great, if I could figure out which CC gives that.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

The Barlcay Rewards Mastercard does include landline and cellular telephones. The US Bank Cash+ is 5% for bill pay but I do not have it, so do not know how you have to do it to qualify.

If you do not mind having a business credit card, the Chase Ink series and American Express Simply Cash give 5% back on telephone payments.

Message 5 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! From now on, I'm using Barclay's for my phone bills. I can't believe I didn't realize that was available when I got the card earlier this year! I'm really trying to maximize rewards now. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Jlu
Established Contributor

Amex Zync with the connect pack awards 2x MR points on all mobile/TV/internet/cable bills.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 7 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I'd suggest the Chase Ink bold, plus or classic if you can get one. They offer 5 UR points per dollar spent. If not my only other suggestion would be the Amex Hilton HHonors card. It offers 6 points per dollar, but it's only good if you plan to stay in Hiltons from time to time. Others have mentioned the zync connect pack already.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home phone service does qualify for the US Bank Cash+ utility category, which pays 5%.

Message 9 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

According to the terms of the Connect Pack, it does not include regular, home phones -- only cell phones. My cell is automatically billed to my Zync every month. I was looking for a CC to get higher % on my regular, home phone. It looks like the best bet is Barclay's MC unless I get a Chase Ink.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.