cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards: What have you gotten with yours?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Rewards: What have you gotten with yours?

What are some things you've gotten with your various rewards? 

Right now It is the only one i have with cash back rewards....will probably cash out in Sept for Discover gift cards prior to going on vacation then save them up for who knows what next year...

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Rewards: What have you gotten with yours?

I always get it back in the form of cash or statement credit or deposit back into my checking (same thing essentially). 

I am definitely interested in getting cards that redemm for travel rewards but don't know if the conversion rate is better than getting cash back, and using that money to find the best deals on travel sites.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 16
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

A SOG knive off of amazon with Discover rewards, 2 FC seats to Cancun for my honeymoon from AMEX.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 16
starry1
Valued Contributor

I have no rewards cards, but I have big plans for when I do get them.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good question. So far, I have let them build up but I probably will use them towards statement credits.
Message 5 of 16
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Best so far, When I got my PenFed Amex they were offering, if you spend $650 in the first 3 months you get 20,000 points. So I got a $100 starbucks card, and a $100 walmart card.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 6 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

Flights, some hotel stays, and Brooks Brothers gift cards from Discover.

Message 7 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Nothing im still accumulating them for something bigSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I just normally get cash back or checks.  For me I don't really like receiving goods for the points as they are usually simply cheaper to buy them online and earn more points along the way.  I don't really have any rewards cards for flight points and I usually just bank my points up anyway for my frequent flyer accounts so I can cash them out for travle later, however at some point I do plan on getting a flight rewards card so that I can add to that. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

a alot of stuff lol...hard drives, power strips, amazon, itunes cards, stuff i didnt need lol . right now i have ~68k in points with chase UR and ~50k miles with United

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.