cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards better then Kohl's CC I'm all ears...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards better then Kohl's CC I'm all ears...

I'm sorry I know a lot of people hate the Kohl's CC but how can you really beat an extra 15% off during their CC promotions? Is there a better way? Is the CL that bad? Do you need a really high CS?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rewards better then Kohl's CC I'm all ears...

I often get 30% off coupons with mine so yeah... I have a $700 limit and I can say with certainty I have never spent anywhere near that in one shot.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you like to shop there, then I don't see a problem having their CC. My mom has one and does a lot of her shopping there, always with coupons and then pays off the CC. The interest us too high to carry a balance. She gets some really good deals.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I needed to know...not really worried if this card will grow with me, just love the promos. I never spend more then $200 or so when I shop there anyway. I'm already a Yes Rewards member. The holiday will be awesome with a Kohl's card as this is where I spend around 80% of my money.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I love most is back to school and holidays, you can always stack at least 4 coupons as long as they are for different percentages off and you're not purchasing mostly clearance items. Then couple that with Kohls cash, you can get some deep savings. Everyone probably knows I love screenshots lol. This is from my mom letting me get the kids clothes for school, when you have as many little kids that I do it comes in handy.

KohlsBTS.png

Message 5 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I guess it's like anything else, if you like Kohls it's worth it. If you don't like Kohls it's not.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 6 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry I know a lot of people hate the Kohl's CC but how can you really beat an extra 15% off during their CC promotions? Is there a better way? Is the CL that bad? Do you need a really high CS?

My grandmother and mother both have the card and both shop their a lot so the card isn't that bad. Actually one of the better store cards imo with its coupons and stuff. If you shop there a lot it's worth it. Way better then the American Eagle card which basically offers some coupons i think and $10 dollar coupon afer spending X amount.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

I guess it's like anything else, if you like Kohls it's worth it. If you don't like Kohls it's not.

Personally my problem with Kohls isn't the CC but how they operate their business. They say you save $200! dollars during a transaction but its really them jacking up the MSRP of their own products like Croft & Borrow which is a Kohls brand mind you and then discounting it heavily saying you save $10 dollars or etc. Similar to how Amazon, Bestbuy and etc says the MSRP for a Blu-ray Movie is $40 but always sell  them for around $20-$25

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

Personally my problem with Kohls isn't the CC but how they operate their business. They say you save $200! dollars during a transaction but its really them jacking up the MSRP of their own products like Croft & Borrow which is a Kohls brand mind you and then discounting it heavily saying you save $10 dollars or etc. Similar to how Amazon, Bestbuy and etc says the MSRP for a Blu-ray Movie is $40 but always sell  them for around $20-$25

I'm pretty sure I haven't ever bought a Croft & Borrow anything from Kohls, on the other hand I do know what you're talking about. I've seen them raise MSRP to make it seem like you're getting a better deal then you really are and this is why I price shop always not just with Kohls...it's one of my little habits, always trying to find a better deal. However Kohls during a good sale...stacking coupons, Kohls cash, Yes Rewards and sometimes rebates they just can't be beat.

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry I know a lot of people hate the Kohl's CC but how can you really beat an extra 15% off during their CC promotions?

It doesn't matter what a lof of people do or do not.  Don't just follow the herd.  What does matter is what suits your needs/wants.  If you can benefit from the Kohl's card (or any store card) then consider it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the CL that bad? Do you need a really high CS?

Limit will always depend on credit profile and income with any creditor.  It is not just a matter of the creditor or the card.

It is also never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Databse (Google to find) if desired.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.