Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards card for a thin fine?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rewards card for a thin fine?

Amex grows quickly so it's smarter to not jump for the travel card right away with a shorter history. You're right, OP should look at getting the ED or BCE and milking the SP CLIs for a couple of months, then going for the CSP/CSR when he's ready.
Message 11 of 14
Luzzelda
Established Member

Just an update - thanks everyone for your help! I applied for the CSP and was instantly approved with CL of 9K. Also approved for the Amex BCE with CL of 2K. Am feeling very happy!! Am debating PC to a venture vs just applying; trying to think long term benefits. If I applied, I would have five open accounts and available credit nearing 20K which I think would be better. May just need to get over my reluctance to have more than 3 credit cards.

Thanks again for all the advice! It took me a month to get up the nerve to apply but I'm feeling really good about these steps. You're the best!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luzzelda wrote:
Just an update - thanks everyone for your help! I applied for the CSP and was instantly approved with CL of 9K. Also approved for the Amex BCE with CL of 2K. Am feeling very happy!! Am debating PC to a venture vs just applying; trying to think long term benefits. If I applied, I would have five open accounts and available credit nearing 20K which I think would be better. May just need to get over my reluctance to have more than 3 credit cards.

Thanks again for all the advice! It took me a month to get up the nerve to apply but I'm feeling really good about these steps. You're the best!

Well done and congratulations! Great cards!

Message 13 of 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Luzzelda wrote:

Congrats.

I have the Venture and I'll PC to QS before next AF. Consider the 0.5% for AF and redeem only in travel purchases at full value.

Amex grow with SP CLI, try after a couple of statements, ask for 6K if they don't give you an auto-CLI first. If they approve, then wait 6 months and ask for 18K.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.