Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards card for use at Sam’s Club

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Rewards card for use at Sam’s Club

This is an example of where we perhaps overthink.  OP says about $600 a month.   With DC that is $144 a year.   With a 1% card it would be $72.     Not a huge amount of rewards at stake with this choice.

Message 11 of 16
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is an example of where we perhaps overthink.  OP says about $600 a month.   With DC that is $144 a year.   With a 1% card it would be $72.     Not a huge amount of rewards at stake with this choice.

Apparently, it is to the OP; and that is why he or she is now considering the Double Cash over their Discover card.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate everyone who has offered suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.Smiley Happy

I should have mentioned the following in my initial query:

- I am permanently opted out
- Sam’s club does not take Visa
- We already have rewards card specifically for every type of spending, except this
- Our 1.5% general card is NFCU CR
- I have 1% rewards, 1X miles options already available
- I am aware of 1.5% Barclay CF card. 2% will always be more than 1.5%. Smiley Happy
Sharingan, I looked at Fidelity AMEX 2% rewards structure. I appreciate the suggestion, unfortunately it does not fit our needs. We already have IRA, 529 and brokerage accounts with other institutions, and to get the 2% rewards, we need a cash management or one of the other aforementioned accounts with Fidelity.

About category spend cards; I am not aware of any that include Warehouse Clubs as one.

So, it appears that Citi DC is the right option for my needs.Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

... Not a huge amount of rewards at stake with this choice.

You are absolutely right. Nothing at stake here. It is just money. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your profile , I will apply for CREDIT ONE. Jk...DC From citi is good..

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I appreciate everyone who has offered suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.Smiley Happy

I should have mentioned the following in my initial query:

- I am permanently opted out
- Sam’s club does not take Visa
- We already have rewards card specifically for every type of spending, except this
- Our 1.5% general card is NFCU CR
- I have 1% rewards, 1X miles options already available
- I am aware of 1.5% Barclay CF card. 2% will always be more than 1.5%. Smiley Happy
Sharingan, I looked at Fidelity AMEX 2% rewards structure. I appreciate the suggestion, unfortunately it does not fit our needs. We already have IRA, 529 and brokerage accounts with other institutions, and to get the 2% rewards, we need a cash management or one of the other aforementioned accounts with Fidelity.

About category spend cards; I am not aware of any that include Warehouse Clubs as one.

So, it appears that Citi DC is the right option for my needs.Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Smiley Happy

Since you already have a rewards card you may want to see if the same bank offers a card that you can get better rewards at Sams and combine them. Citi Double cash is a great way to go. Be sure to enroll in price rewind I have saved a ton useing this and it is a pretty awesome perk. I find it especially useful for electronics that go down in price fast. Got a $31 credit for my smart watch and was very easy to claim.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.