Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards cards for postmates/food delivery

tag
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Rewards cards for postmates/food delivery

Just wondering what they beat rewards card would be for postmates...I would think this would be under "dining" but I see it in my checking account listed as transportation service or something similar. I was suggested the Uber visa...but do they code postmates and the like as dining?

Anyone have an idea which card gives the best rewards for food delivery, specifically postmates. Most of any spend that I do on a card will be online purchases or postmates type.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Rewards cards for postmates/food delivery

Whats a postmate?

Message 2 of 9
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Food and groceries delivery!

Message 3 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

When you asked this question last time, I suggested CSR. Have you considered trying that?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 9
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Yes but after doing some research it looks like it dosnt classify it as a restaurant.

Message 5 of 9
SBR249
Established Contributor

Uber Visa gives 4% on UberEats but I think that's more of an exception. I haven't heard of any other food delivery service being coded as dining.

Message 6 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Bees18 wrote:

Yes but after doing some research it looks like it dosnt classify it as a restaurant.

Right...but it might be travel. In the case of Uber Eats, I said it was travel and not dining.

Both travel and dining are uncapped 3x categories on CSR.

Message 7 of 9
SBR249
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Bees18 wrote:

Right...but it might be travel. In the case of Uber Eats, I said it was travel and not dining.

UberEats may be travel because it's through Uber. But would a dedicated food delivery service like postmates fall under either dining or travel? Since the OP apparently wants to use postmates mainly, that may be a concern. 

Message 8 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@SBR249 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Bees18 wrote:

UberEats may be travel because it's through Uber. But would a dedicated food delivery service like postmates fall under either dining or travel? Since the OP apparently wants to use postmates mainly, that may be a concern. 

I don't use Postmates, and I don't know how it codes. I'm just saying that by only considering the "dining" side of CSR, OP has not fully considered the card's bonus categories.

OP said it was coding elsewhere as "transportation service". Uber and Uber Eats code as "transportation" with Chase and get 3x.

Chase is known for a pretty broad definition of "travel". If they'll include some museum admissions (perhaps inadvertently), "transportation service" isn't out of the question.

Visa has the Postmates MCCs as 5812 (Dining) and 4214 (Courier). That much is clear and may be useful to someone who has an exact list of what Chase includes. It doesn't look as good for CSR.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.