Rewards..which card reigns for you?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Rewards..which card reigns for you?

@axledobe wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

its entirely possible

@Anonymous method is to buy prepaid visas @ wal mart gas station at a cost of $1000 giving me $20 in rewards points. the cards cost $3.95 a piece and the money order i buy at wal-mart cost another 1.50 (its 2 money orders) cost $9.40 =$11.60 profit every could go much much higher with higher limit card

That was your 666th post. Oh my goodness.  Did you just doom my credit card life forever?  Take it back!  Lol

beautiful typos in my post of satan as well lol

Message 11 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Huh? How does $1100 in gift cards make you $900 cash?!

It doesn't!  You can sell $100 Walmart gift cards for $92-93 to various gift card sites, or you can use them to get $200 visa gift cards for about $207, which is better.

The $900 comes from the cost of manufacturing, i.e. fees for VR and gift cards.

Op said $900 in profit though?

Right, I end with $1100 in Walmart gift cards, which I can turn into say $1050 in cash.  But I spend $150 generating the spend that got me the giftcards, so my overall profit is about $900 for that month.  

Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Huh? How does $1100 in gift cards make you $900 cash?!

It doesn't!  You can sell $100 Walmart gift cards for $92-93 to various gift card sites, or you can use them to get $200 visa gift cards for about $207, which is better.

The $900 comes from the cost of manufacturing, i.e. fees for VR and gift cards.

Op said $900 in profit though?

Right, I end with $1100 in Walmart gift cards, which I can turn into say $1050 in cash.  But I spend $150 generating the spend that got me the giftcards, so my overall profit is about $900 for that month.  

How much are you spending to end with $1100 in Walmart GC?!

Message 13 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Hello, VR / BB / MS discussion does not belong on this forum.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.