Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Rewards?

The Amex EveryDay or EveryDay Preferred both earn MR, which is a great point system for travel redemptions, and they earn bonuses on all spend if you put your everyday bills and any recurring expenses to hit the transaction minimum.  The standard EveryDay has no annual fee and earns a 20% point bonus on everything with 20 transactions.  In my own case with this card, I have 6 regular bills that post to it automatically every month, so I only have to use the card for 14 purchases throughout the course of the month.  I usually buy a coffee or energy drink on my way to work and so am able to hit this quite easily just with my normal routine.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

With 3K a month in bills, I would suggest you pick the best card from this list that you can obtain at that spending level. or multiple cards, etc. Of course, the chart doesn't go that high, but you can see the trends...

non-category BBR.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 15
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

HELLO ALLS

I am looking for a card to be my new monthly bill card, i have a couple questions though..... can i even pay some of my bills with my card? My Mortgage i believe i can (7$ fee which i pay righ tnow anyways) 

anyways, what would be my best bet as far as getting rewards back that wouldnt beat me up for Annual Fee or APR....

Thanks all! 

PS: I love travel most! Smiley Happy

To my knowledge, one can't pay mortgage from credit card. I could be wrong here. Any one pays with credit card? Is so, any extra charges to pay through CC? Could that be counted as "cash advnace"? 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 13 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

@GoodCredBen wrote:

HELLO ALLS

I am looking for a card to be my new monthly bill card, i have a couple questions though..... can i even pay some of my bills with my card? My Mortgage i believe i can (7$ fee which i pay righ tnow anyways) 

anyways, what would be my best bet as far as getting rewards back that wouldnt beat me up for Annual Fee or APR....

Thanks all! 

PS: I love travel most! Smiley Happy

To my knowledge, one can't pay mortgage from credit card. I could be wrong here. Any one pays with credit card? Is so, any extra charges to pay through CC? Could that be counted as "cash advnace"? 

You can use services like Chargesmart, their fees for mortgages are about 2.5% which removes or greatly reduces the value of using it for rewards.  You can do it more indirectly, buying gift cards to use on EvolveMoney or bluebird, or credit card loads for serve.  Depending on the card used, these can earn reasonable rewards while paying the mortgage.  (However, for serve and bluebird you might as well pay back the credit card and pay the mortgage the usual way!)

Message 14 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

@GoodCredBen wrote:

SOOOOOOOOOO

Nevermind....

After looking, my three largest bills (Mortgage, 2x car loans - cant even be paid with anything other then a bank acct/ATM card.....

What the heck is an ATM card? lol i know what a debit card is! 

lol by ATM they mean debit.. You can pay most bills with a Debit card..

Well, there are still ATM cards, I have one from TIAA Direct for example which can be used in ATMs but isn't usable as a debit card.  Which of course means you can't pay bills with it either.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.