Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz-70k offer with 1st year annual fee waived

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz-70k offer with 1st year annual fee waived

@Chaselover wrote:
I feel 395 issoo high. Even if the first year fee is waived, can u justify paying about 400 AF for just one credit card from the2nd year?

If I use the card well, I can definitely justify the annual fee. $300 in statement credits makes the annual fee $95, technically speaking. And $95 for full lounge club access is not bad. Gold elite status is also a nice perk to have.  

I pay $350 for the Citi Prestige. The benefits used to cover that fee well and above, but no longer do. It's getting the boot lol. 

Message 21 of 29
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Folks, 

I did find the following information while researching on the web: 

Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year.
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

Those who are interested in applying, can you please share your experience after you apply using the above mentioned information. It will help others in this forum. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 22 of 29
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:
I feel 395 is soo high. Even if the first year fee is waived, can u justify paying about 400 AF for just one credit card from the 2nd year?

If you fly frequently or stay at Marriott/Ritz frequently, it is IMO worth more than $400.

Message 23 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:
I feel 395 is soo high. Even if the first year fee is waived, can u justify paying about 400 AF for just one credit card from the 2nd year?

If you fly frequently or stay at Marriott/Ritz frequently, it is IMO worth more than $400.

Right, the $300 airline credit is pretty useful, especially since they aren't relegated to a single carrier.  

However, the main benefits are the hotel stays and upgrades.  I just prefer the Ritz hotels period; find them classier than the rest of the chains.  For those who stay at Ritz properties, this is a great card.  

Message 24 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@s_haliz wrote:

Folks, 

Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year.

Those who are interested in applying, can you please share your experience after you apply using the above mentioned information. It will help others in this forum. 

I believe those codes have expired now. I remember giving the same info a few months ago. 

If you stay at Ritz be prepared to spend $600-700 a night As mentioned before, the $300 credit, lounge access and room upgrades makes this an easy decision. If the AF is too high perhaps the Marriott Cc would be best. 

Message 25 of 29
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

Folks, 

Mention these RSVP:

I believe those codes have expired now. I remember giving the same info a few months ago. 

If you stay at Ritz be prepared to spend $600-700 a night As mentioned before, the $300 credit, lounge access and room upgrades makes this an easy decision. If the AF is too high perhaps the Marriott Cc would be best. 

In fact, $600-$700 can only get you in a mid size town Ritz. In New york it would cost you around $895 + Tax /Night. So definitely benefit can be higher than $395 fees. However this card is not of great rewarding when you use for other items (other than Ritz/Mariott/Travel etc.). 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 26 of 29
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

Folks, 

Mention these RSVP:

In fact, $600-$700 can only get you in a mid size town Ritz. In New york it would cost you around $895 + Tax /Night. So definitely benefit can be higher than $395 fees. However this card is not of great rewarding when you use for other items (other than Ritz/Mariott/Travel etc.). 

That is very true. I have to think about it. Thank you all for the info Smiley Happy. Much appreciated. 

Message 27 of 29
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

I was able to apply over the phone and use code F53K to get the annual fee waived. That was in late May and I believe the promotion started sometime last year and was specifically for those residents at the Ritz property. The representative applied it without asking any question as to what the origin of the code was and if I was a resident.

Message 28 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@TitaniumCash wrote:

I was able to apply over the phone and use code F53K to get the annual fee waived. That was in late May and I believe the promotion started sometime last year and was specifically for those residents at the Ritz property. The representative applied it without asking any question as to what the origin of the code was and if I was a resident.

It certainly doesn't hurt to try.  

Also, consider the following:  (1) if you app for the Marriott or have had a Marriott in the past 24 months, you aren't eligible for the Ritz bonus; however, (2) applying for the Ritz bonus doesn't exclude you from applying for and receiving a bonus on the Marriott card.

So, to maximize, apply for the 140K (if available) Ritz, then app for the Marriott 70k.  Voila, redeem for 4 Ritz stays + get 1 free for 5 total nights in a tier 3 or 4.  So, 5 nights at avg of $500 per night equates to a $2,500 value.

Not bad for a $395 fee and few HPs!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.