Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz - Attempt to get new offer + Metal Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ritz - Attempt to get new offer + Metal Card

Hey guys, my Ritz card arrived today (Visa Signature), I was a bit dissapointed to see plastic cards, and a bit confused as to why they added my brother as an AU without me telling them to.  Also confused since the card numbers are Identical, usually there are slight variations.  

In any event, I called up to see if I could have the new offer for 3 nights + 10,000 points for AU applied to my account and the rep seemed rather unsure what to do.  All told, she told me that once I met the $5,000 spend to call in and the offer would then be applied to my account, in addition to the 10,000 points.

I also inquired about the metal card/infinite card, and she said she was confused why I didn't receive one in the first place, and would try and have one sent to me.  When I asked if it would be a Visa Infinite, she asked me if the infinite had a higher AF, I said it did, but my understanding was that I would be grandfathered in.  She came back and said that indeed I would be grandfathered in, and my card would be migrated to a Visa Infinite at some point.  The information booklet that came with my card corresponds with the Visa Infinite, so I assume my account reflects those perks at this time.

Does this all sound right to you guys?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz - Attempt to get new offer + Metal Card

Sorry to hear about the your plastic Ritz. i am glad Chase sent me the full metal Ritz Infinite card which I got 2 days ago Smiley Happy. The card looks and feel prestigious even with the packaging.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about the your plastic Ritz. i am glad Chase sent me the full metal Ritz Infinite card which I got 2 days ago Smiley Happy. The card looks and feel prestigious even with the packaging.

Did you apply for the Signature or the Infinite version?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you apply for the Signature or the Infinite version?

I apped for the Infinite card $450 AF Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds about right with the exception of the plastic card. I don't know why you did not receive a metal card.. it may be due to the higher than expected demand of the CSR. 

I applied for the Signature last month before the annual fee went up to $450. This was also before the CSR became available so I did receive a metal card. 

They are going to honor the new offer... I just have to call in once I spend  $5k. The biggest issue is not being able to use the Visa portal to receive the $100 airfare credit. When I go on the portal and put my cc number in for verification... it doesn't recognize my cc since it's a Signature and not an Infinite.

Message 5 of 14
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

I have the signature version and I was able to log in the visa portal and receive the $100 credit.
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plastic_man wrote:
I have the signature version and I was able to log in the visa portal and receive the $100 credit.

Really? I wouldn't work for me. The rep on the Executive line couldn't get it to work either. I did it last month when I physically received the card. I will try it again today. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plastic_man wrote:

Nope... it didn't work. What's your CL? Mine is only $8.5k... could this be causing the issue?

Message 8 of 14
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

I guess it woks for some people and not all . They still working to convert all the signatures to Infiniti according to flyer talk . My CL is $29k . They're saying all the Infiniti cards are to have a line of $15k or more?? But I doubt that's the reason you can't sign in. Who knows...
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sucks but it's probably timing. With the whole C$R material shortage it's probably affecting other cards as well.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.