Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Approval

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Approval

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hmmmm if First class upgrAdes could be included, a $395 AF might just be worth it:-p
Esp if I get a phat credit line... Lol!

I don't think that would be eligible. Lounge (day) passes would be though.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 31 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Hmmmm if First class upgrAdes could be included, a $395 AF might just be worth it:-p

I used my AMEX card on a flight for junk. Never noticed the in flight incidentals getting reimbursed. Called AMEX to find I had already used my $200 credit. Turns our I got refunded $200 of an actual ticket. I will see how it works out for the Ritz card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 66
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

As much as I would love this card, I can't justify the $395 AF for my personal use. Especially since RC/Marriott is not the hotel brand I usually stay at. If possible I would love to see some pics of the packaging! I love when cards get the proper package experience. 

+1, except Marriott is actually my top hotel I stay (i prefer Hyatt but their footprint sucks) at but I refuse to add another card to my wallet until I cancel one of them. Not ready to do it just yet...

Edited to Add: I see it as a $195 card though ($200 airline credit), not $395 if you want to justify it that way...

I don't think Hyatt's footprint is that bad really, as long as you stick to major cities. If you have to go to nowhereville with any regularity, then it'll be a bit more difficult.

You're right, the footprint isn't really that bad if one visits a major city however, I was being very picky. I like the hotel location to be exactly where I want it in a major city. i.e. there is no Hyatt in South Beach, but there is a Marriott and an IHG property. When I visit Miami, I want to stay in SoBe, not downtown Miami.

That's true. If you're looking for something very specific within a city, then it can get more difficult.

That's one of my major issues with Hyatt in Asia. 3 properties across Tokyo (HR & PH in Shinjuku, GH in Roppongi), but none in Tokyo Bay near Disneyland! The only things out there are a Sheraton and a Hilton Smiley Sad

None in Tokyo Bay near Disneyland?! oh boy.....not looking good, Hyatt! Sherton or Hilton wouldn't definately take my business there... 

Message 33 of 66
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I used my AMEX card on a flight for junk. Never noticed the in flight incidentals getting reimbursed. Called AMEX to find I had already used my $200 credit. Turns our I got refunded $200 of an actual ticket. I will see how it works out for the Ritz card.

Amex's computer reimburses the Airline incidentals. Sometimes (a lot of the time) it reimburses the wrong item that it's not supposed to and no one complains of course. People still receive $200 credit for airline giftcards acording to posts on TOBB, even though its not allowed within T&Cs. 

@With the Ritz however, you have to call in to tell a human what to take off I believe. So my only guess is they won't be as lenient. Ask ones with the card, @CreditScholar has one.

Message 34 of 66
dilettante
Established Contributor

You do need to call in and tell CSR approximate date(s) and amount. Advantage is that you are not tied down to one specific airline like I believe you have to with the Amex. I've never had one ask me what the charges were for just date and amount. Also, $200 is per calendar year, not membership year.

Message 35 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

It is nice that it is any airline.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 36 of 66
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

Do you think I would be able to use the card to buy into a frequent flyer upgrade program? I fly Hawaiian Air a lot and they have something called the "Premier Club" that you can by a year at a time -- It give you priority boarding, 2 free check in bags, etc.... 

Message 37 of 66
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Is there a list written in the T&Cs somewhere that states what qualifies for the $200 incidentals and what doesn't? Yes, I understand what's written in T&C is not what usually is done in practice but I would like to get an idea.

Message 38 of 66
dilettante
Established Contributor

This is what is written in the T&C:

$200 Annual Airline Incidentals Fee Reimbursement: To request a statement credit to apply to qualifying airline incidental net purchase(s) made with your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, you must contact J.P.Morgan Priority Services at the number on the back of your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card within 4 billing cycles of the purchase date. This offer applies only to non-ticket purchases made with merchants that classify their merchant location for Visa in the airline category. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made in a particular category. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for statement credits. Statement credit will post to your account within 5-7 business days and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Qualifying purchases made by authorized users on your account are eligible for statement credits; however, only the obligor on the account, not authorized users, may request statement credits. Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $200 per calendar year. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or a failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

It is very vague about what is reimbursable but in the welcome booklet, it states the $200 is for baggage or inflight meals. When you ask a CSR, they say "only costs incurred in flight" such as meals, movies, drinks.

Message 39 of 66
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

thanks for the info, dilettante.  Do you know if in-flight or terminal internet counts?

Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.