Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Approval

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Approval

Somebody asked for pictures of the packaging.

20130924_1834291.jpg

20130924_1836041.jpg

20130924_1834291.jpg

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 51 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Mods if you dislike last post. Feel free to fix. No card numbers ect.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 52 of 66
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Looks like they haven't changed the packaging at all, even if they re-designed the actual card itself.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 53 of 66
Jetmemphis91

Can you have both a Marriott card and a Ritz Carlton card?  Sorry if its a dumb question. I looked through the terms and conditions and did not see anything. I like the Gold status and the $200 airline credit from the Ritz Carlton but typically stay at Marriotts more.

Message 54 of 66
enharu
Super Contributor

You can have both cards, but u won't qualify for the ritz sign up bonus if you already have the Marriott card.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 55 of 66
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You can have both cards, but u won't qualify for the ritz sign up bonus if you already have the Marriott card.

+1. Order definitely matters in this case.

If you get the Ritz card first, then the Marriott second, you can collect both signup bonuses.

However if you get the Marriott first, you'll be ineligible for the Ritz signup bonus.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 56 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Looks like they haven't changed the packaging at all, even if they re-designed the actual card itself.

The card is heavy. Noticeably heavier than the CSP.

Was the old one that way?

Message 57 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1. Order definitely matters in this case.

If you get the Ritz card first, then the Marriott second, you can collect both signup bonuses.

However if you get the Marriott first, you'll be ineligible for the Ritz signup bonus.

Odd, but yes...that is how it seems worded in the terms

Marriott wants ritz customers, but ritz doesn't want Marriott churners...

Message 58 of 66
dilettante
Established Contributor

I was able to get Marriott first, then 3 weeks later decided Ritz was better suited for me and got that card. I got bonuses for both.
Message 59 of 66
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

The card is heavy. Noticeably heavier than the CSP.

Was the old one that way?

No, the old one was about the same weight as the CSP. This new one is MUCH heavier (same weight as the palladium).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.