Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Card

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ritz Carlton Card

Apparently you also get a 10% bonus at the end of the year on all points earned. Didn't know that.

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What can you use the points toward?
Message 12 of 30
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Stays at Marriott or Ritz properties.

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it? What a bummer!
Message 14 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
That's it? What a bummer!

As it is primarily a hotel card, the redemption value for your points is higher for hotel related events. You may redeem your points for other things but the value is low.  For more information, look here : 

Ritz Carlton Rewards

Do you stay at Ritz/Marriott?

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point! I stay at the Marriott a good bit and I would like to start staying at Ritz properties. I have the csp and arrival+ so I think the Ritz Carlton card would round out my travel/hotel rewards and cover every aspect of it. Thanks!
Message 16 of 30
Luscher
Valued Contributor

There concierge line is really good and really friendly from my experiences, So are there normal customer service line. And the card is HEAVY!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 17 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Good point! I stay at the Marriott a good bit and I would like to start staying at Ritz properties. I have the csp and arrival+ so I think the Ritz Carlton card would round out my travel/hotel rewards and cover every aspect of it. Thanks!

Points from the regular marriot card can also be redeemed at ritz carlton hotels AFAIK, however, you're gonna need a lot of points. 

And as far as their customer service, they use JPM CS and concierge for the ritz card, not the regular chase CS from what I can tell. 

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never had a problem using the upgrade certificates.  We went to Cancun last weekend at the last minute.  I was booked at the lowest advertised rate of $259 and upgraded to the club (lowest rate of $659).  I also got the $100 F&B credit for a two night stay.  Already used the $300 airline credit and while not the best I use the Lounge Club access a couple of times per year.  Overall a very good card IF you stay at Ritz properties a couple of times of year.  If not stick with the Marriott card.

Message 19 of 30
One7
Valued Contributor

I haven't had mine long but haven't had any problems redeeming anything yet. The card is twice as heavy as my CSP and always gets comments. Great looking as well. 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.