Senior Contributor

Ritz Carlton Your Card Has Enhanced Benefits

0BBC347C-BE08-4A00-B1CC-A8D1AE96B4CC.jpeg

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Your Card Has Enhanced Benefits

I wish this card still existed. It felt very prestigious and had some nice benefits.

Message 2 of 20
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Is it still possible to upgrade from the Marriott card to it? even the new Bonvoy one?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

Is it still possible to upgrade from the Marriott card to it? even the new Bonvoy one?

I don't know for sure, but I'm going to go with no. I'd be shocked if you could PC to it. 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

Where are you right now that it's already 6pm on Friday?

Message 5 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Where are you right now that it's already 6pm on Friday?

I’m in Dubai. 

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Ritz card and got that offer today. It's funny because I've been going back and forth with Marriott about being wrongly downgraded from Platinum. I spoke with corporate yesterday about the Ritz card and how the new reward system isn't really worth the $450 fee for the card to me anymore. I was told that Marriott is working on making the Ritz card special again. I guess this is one of the things they are doing. I kinda got the impression they might get rid of it though... you never get a straight answer. Maybe Chase will convert to a Reserve card. I don't have one of those. And probably never will with the 5 apps rule. No self control Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 20
iced
Valued Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

I wish this card still existed. It felt very prestigious and had some nice benefits.

Anyone with a pulse, $450, and a modicum of credit history could get the card - that's not prestigious. I suppose if it makes average people feel special, hooray to them, but the rest of the planet is rolling their collective eyes if someone plunked this down and then proceeded to go full DYKWIA.

I do agree the benefits are fine for those who can use them.

Message 8 of 20
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@iced wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

Anyone with a pulse, $450, and a modicum of credit history could get the card - that's not prestigious. I suppose if it makes average people feel special, hooray to them, but the rest of the planet is rolling their collective eyes if someone plunked this down and then proceeded to go full DYKWIA.

I do agree the benefits are fine for those who can use them.

It felt prestigious because it could not have been a very common card. Most people (outside of the myFICO crowd) would only look at getting this card if they frequently stayed at The Ritz-Carlton hotels. Also, it's physical design and weight is rare. 

Message 9 of 20
digitek
Established Contributor

I recently closed CSR and picked up the Altitude Reserve, but I would've thought about this card instead if it was still available because it is one of the very few (and only one attainable without lots of hoops) that has the unlimited $100 credit on purchases of 2 or more airplane tickets.  Can get some serious value out of that alone.

It does make it somewhat of a rare bird these days, kind of like Diners Club or other cards with some unique perks that are no longer availabe for new apps.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.