Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz vs prestige

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Ritz vs prestige

@Skye12329 wrote:
I apologize if this has been asked already but which would you prefer?

Im not applying till next year or so, but am comparing the two cards. I'm trying to figure out which would be better for travel and hotel and customer service. The AF isn't a huge deal since you get the credits and what not. What are your opinions?

I would agree with everyone else go for the Citi Prestige. 

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/10/ritz-carlton-rewards-card-should-it-be-in-your-wallet/  

Message 11 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with the posts above go with the prestige unless you stay at Ritz all the time. 4th night free benifit is awesome. I also use the price rewind quite a bit. You will recoup the annual fee for the Prestige really fast with the $250 air credit and 4th night benifit. Surprised you didn't throw the Amex platnium into the mix... I have been tempted to go from Prestige to platnium but so far I like the priority pass better with citi because I can bring a guest and 4th night benifit. Would rather earn mr then thank you points though... Hard decisions for sure.

For some travellers it might make sense to have both, however I suspect that they will be in the distinct minority as many of the benefits overlap (such as PPS).

If you have a lot of higher end hotel stays, the Prestige and Amex Platinum can be complimentary. Amex FHR via plat for short stays (1-2 nights), with the Prestige used for long stays (4 nights). I could also see having both being beneficial to those who are based at an airport with a Centurion lounge.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Little late to this thread as I'm on a trip right now but I'll weigh in. XD

Ritz card, as previously mentioned is a bit of a niche product. Only really beneficial if you plan to stay at either Marriott or Ritz hotels. I'd the 140k offer is available though, just jump on it. The 2 free night certs will also easily recoup the annual fee.

The prestige card is, in my opinion, the strongest travel card out right now. Not to mention it offers special benefits (essentially FHR benefits) at Ritz and four season hotels when you book through the concierge.

Thank you points are worth 1.6 cents per point when redeemed for American Airlines travel, 1.33 cents per point on other air travel, and 1 cent per point when redeemed for other travel.

I'd you pair the prestige with a premier, the points will be worth 1.25 cents per point in hotels and rental cars as opposed to 1 cent with the prestige only.

Customer service and concierge are way better on the Ritz, as are some other little benefits, but the prestige definitely wins as a well rounded product.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.