Roadside Assistance on Credit Cards

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Roadside Assistance on Credit Cards

@Gollum wrote:

@digitek wrote:

Had a need for Roadside Assistance today and checked my Altitude Reserve first, but was surprised to find it didn't have any form of it.  I checked my Amex Gold next and learned that it comes with Premium Roadside Assistance, which includes basic stuff and short tows for free up to 4 times a year.  One of the things it covered was keys locked in your car (which was my situation, put them in my trunk while I got my bike out and left them in there when I shut it).

Put your car keys in your pocket/whatever, not in your car's trunk.

The topic is about the benefits of OP  CC benefits, which this is a good one. Many of us have locked our keys in the trunk or inside the car—these things happen—and slapped our forehead the moment the trunk/door shuts. I know I have and wished I had this covered by a CC.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 21 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Roadside Assistance on Credit Cards

@CreditInspired wrote:
Many of us have locked our keys in the trunk or inside the car—these things happen—and slapped our forehead the moment the trunk/door shuts. I know I have and wished I had this covered by a CC.

...and sometimes the dumb vehicle locks on it's own, like if you slam the liftgate or trunk too hard. Done that twice, once in my escalade and once in my yukon. But when I was prego's I did it all the time.  Back then the cops could use a slim-jim.  Idk if State Farm would handle that and I don't know if any of my cards would help either so I have extra key$.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.