Haha baller, ya know I'm following ya footsteps lol. Thank you Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 31
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Rock bottom APR reduction from Citi AA

@pip3man wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

wow, great job...I'm jelly !!

do you mind posting your routine and what card it is ?

which product ?

how often did you ask ?

chat or phine call ? 

Fico score ore and inquiries?

if it's not too much to ask Smiley Happy thnx 

Lol I'm gonna have to charge you $20 for each questions answered. But yeah I'm happy to share:

The card is the AAdvantage Platinum Select. I'm not sure what u meant by routine, as in what way? If u could elaborate on that I'll provide the details.

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard 

In the past I asked and received the reductions in intervals of 2-3weeks and/or 2 months apart. After my last reduction in August 2015, I think I hit a ceiling and none of my subsequent request were ever approved until yesterday.

All the reductions I received were through online chat with the exception of yesterday that was a phone call.

FICO scores I honestly have no idea what it currently is but I know it's probably on the low end cos my utilization is now sitting at 34%. Tons of inquiries from my app spree early last year (ranging from 14 - 26 depending on the bureau) and new accounts but zero negatives.

Damn just felt like I finished an interview lol... Anyway I'll be sending my bank details to u shortly so u can remit the payment Smiley Wink

Thank you so much for the details ....... When I said routine I meant your pattern of asking which you did answer correctly Smiley Happy 

you ou sound like me calling Amex very 2 weeks asking for a reduction.lol my BCE is at 6.74%. Lol and my simply cash at 13.24 and still 

on 0% promo (the SC is ) 

reason on I asked is because I just got a Prestige in January and a premier in Feb. 

i got apr reduction on premier via chat before I even got the card. Lol

okay send me your bank account info and I'll pay you. Lol....

Message 12 of 31
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

wow, great job...I'm jelly !!

do you mind posting your routine and what card it is ?

which product ?

how often did you ask ?

chat or phine call ? 

Fico score ore and inquiries?

if it's not too much to ask Smiley Happy thnx 

Lol I'm gonna have to charge you $20 for each questions answered. But yeah I'm happy to share:

The card is the AAdvantage Platinum Select. I'm not sure what u meant by routine, as in what way? If u could elaborate on that I'll provide the details.

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard 

In the past I asked and received the reductions in intervals of 2-3weeks and/or 2 months apart. After my last reduction in August 2015, I think I hit a ceiling and none of my subsequent request were ever approved until yesterday.

All the reductions I received were through online chat with the exception of yesterday that was a phone call.

FICO scores I honestly have no idea what it currently is but I know it's probably on the low end cos my utilization is now sitting at 34%. Tons of inquiries from my app spree early last year (ranging from 14 - 26 depending on the bureau) and new accounts but zero negatives.

Damn just felt like I finished an interview lol... Anyway I'll be sending my bank details to u shortly so u can remit the payment Smiley Wink

Thank you so much for the details ....... When I said routine I meant your pattern of asking which you did answer correctly Smiley Happy 

you ou sound like me calling Amex very 2 weeks asking for a reduction.lol my BCE is at 6.74%. Lol and my simply cash at 13.24 and still 

on 0% promo (the SC is ) 

reason on I asked is because I just got a Prestige in January and a premier in Feb. 

i got apr reduction on premier via chat before I even got the card. Lol

okay send me your bank account info and I'll pay you. Lol....

lmaoo cant be mad at u for calling AMEX every 2weeks... I be doing the same damn thing especially when boredom hits... lol I be on that fone calling all my creditors that I could think of lmaoo. Now u mentioned the Prestige, I actually got the APR on mine lowered during that same call yesterday though it wasnt as substantial as the AA Platinum. Went from 15.24 to 13.24%.... you bet I'll be sending my account info right away hahaha. Enjoy those incredible low rates u gat on ya AMEX, I'm jealousl!! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 31
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

your jelly of my BCE and I'm jelly of your AA ! Lol

regurdless of the amount of reduction, it's always better than what you had ... Sad thing is I have a $0 balance on my BCE and don't even use it.

but it's a comfort blanket knowing its there just in case you need to carry a balance for 3 or 4 months....

i think ill get on chat right now and see what Amex up to today 

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy sweet jesus jumpin jezebel jehosaphat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have the best APR on the forum!!!!

Message 15 of 31
Involver
Valued Contributor

4.24, lol that's practically free money.  Going to see what they can offer me.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

exactly expecially when you divide that by 12.  and folks will of course say oh apr doesnt matter, always PIF, and get 0% offers if thats what you need...but still this is an amazing feat and gives me hope for my DC!

Message 17 of 31
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy sweet jesus jumpin jezebel jehosaphat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have the best APR on the forum!!!!

Lmfaoooo that line had me rolling... But I think someone else here has a similar APR on their AA card but I think 4.99 I can't remember...  Besides doesn't Penfed or NASA offer some credit cards going as low as 2.99%? I may be wrong tho lol

Message 18 of 31
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Hahaha free money, yeah right lol.... I just wish the CL was close to my Prestige, it woulda been my everyday card automatically. I don't even use it that much anymore cos the $2k doesn't do it for me. Now I'm tempted to call to see if I may have an offer to increase the limit with a SP. It's never been increased for the 2yr I've had this card but oh well....

Message 19 of 31
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Very, very nice rate there...exceptionally impressive and outstanding!  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.