Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollercoaster

tag
SPOONZ
New Visitor

Rollercoaster

Hello,

I made a huge mistake 5 years ago and decided to join a money management program.  Not only did they fail to pay on time but it wasn't unitl it was too late that I learned it was one of the worst moves you could make.  3 months into the program I got out but the damage was done.  I have spent the last 5 years. trying to build and start a new job.  My job has tripled in the last year but now the company has decided to make me pay all my own travel expenses and also dropped commissions.  I can't even get a credit card with a spending limit of more than 500.00.  I make 150,000 a year and travel 60,000 miles.  My credit (601) seems to never go up and yet I've paid alot off and have been able to remove several negetive items.  I need a credit card that will allow be to grow with my business or I'm going to lose it. 

SPOONS

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Rollercoaster

You will first need to get a fresh report from the 3 agencies and look at the negatives

see if you have any uppaid collection, if you do call them up and settle.

then check your current card utilization, the ratio between how much your owe and the limit. the lowest the better, under 30% with an ideal of 1-9%

if you are an authorized user in any acc it will also count

you can try to get addded as an au for any good standing cc that your wife or family might have

and then get another report and see the improvements

then start a relationship with a credit union, they are usually very friendly and easier to get high cl...

good luck!

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 2 of 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Ap for CapitalOne if you don't get it see if you can get a secured credit card from them Fund it with what you can afford keep it in good standing for 6 months continue to wok on getting baddies removed, Good Will letters, and Pay For Delete offers, paying a baddie won't get it removed, and really doesn't help your credit score as you have seen.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com, save them as pdfs, and start posting on the rebuilding board.

What's your utilization like on the cards you have?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.