cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms to Go Financing Credit Question

tag
cbo941

Rooms to Go Financing Credit Question

I wanted to get some furniture from Rooms to Go and help build a little more credit. Does anyone know if their financing (through GE) is a hard inquiry or soft? Also, any information about your experience would be super helpful and appreciated!

Thanks

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Rooms to Go Financing Credit Question

Welcome to the forum. Use the search at the top of the page and search rooms to go. You can read the different threads until someone answers this thread. Yes it will be a hard pull. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK, all financing offers from GECAP or GECRB are HP.  Unfortunately, I don't have experience with their specific financing or pricing; however, you can get some general information from their T&C here > https://www.gecrbterms.com/gecrbterms/pdf/182-023-01.pdf

Message 3 of 6
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

If you app for the RTG card dont be dumb like me and put in a low number like $2k because if you ask later for CLI its a hp. I should have said like $4-5k when oppening the card.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 4 of 6
cbo941

Ok, forgive my ignorance but I don't know what "HP" means or "AFAIK". Also, does CLI mean credit line? Sorry, I'm trying to improve my credit and get some furniture at the same time. So you recommend to put more on the card they offer? I wasn't sure if they offered a card or if they just bill me each month for financing. How does the process go? I go in, pick out a furniture set - let's say for like $1,200 - and then I ask for financing and the lady sets me up and then what? Sorry for the questions but my credit is starting to shape up and I really need to improve it quickly so I figured getting a line of credit from somewhere would help.

Thanks

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cbo941 wrote:

Ok, forgive my ignorance but I don't know what "HP" means or "AFAIK". Also, does CLI mean credit line? Sorry, I'm trying to improve my credit and get some furniture at the same time. So you recommend to put more on the card they offer? I wasn't sure if they offered a card or if they just bill me each month for financing. How does the process go? I go in, pick out a furniture set - let's say for like $1,200 - and then I ask for financing and the lady sets me up and then what? Sorry for the questions but my credit is starting to shape up and I really need to improve it quickly so I figured getting a line of credit from somewhere would help.

Thanks

Nah, nothing to forgive.  We all get caught up in forum lingo.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458

Anyway in particular:

HP = hard pull or hard inquiry - this type scores negatively against you for one year vs. a soft pull (SP) which does not.

AFAIK = as far as I know

CLI = credit limit increase

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.