Did you mean: 

~Round 2~ DISCOVER Acct Combo Success!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

~Round 2~ DISCOVER Acct Combo Success!!

Finally!!...I have a Discover card with a $25k CL. Whoop! Smiley Happy

It took me 3 yrs and 11 mo from start to finish, with two successful combinations, plus small CLI's along the way. My first combo was 2 years ago, when I rolled my Miles card into my iT card. Then I turned around a few days later, and instant approval for the Chrome card a year ago.  Today...another combo success, along with the CLI that showed online today as well. 

So my it card (that will turn 4 yrs old next month),  now has a respectable limitSmiley Happy

I may or may not get another card this summer heheheSmiley Wink

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 4.27.43 PM.png

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Re: ~Round 2~ DISCOVER Acct Combo Success!!

Wow congratulations! I can only wish for a limit that high on my Discover IT (or any card for that matter)

Message 2 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Wow congratulations! I can only wish for a limit that high on my Discover IT (or any card for that matter)

With persistence you can!!  I didnt do this overnight. One of my cards took me over 5 yrs to get to $25k.   Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats @pizza1!  That is very much a respectable limit.  Question...what is the process of rolling 2 into 1?  HP required? Simple/easy?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Ms. Pizza🎉🎈🍾🎊🥓🥓

Message 5 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats, Pizza! 

Message 6 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Congrats @pizza1!  That is very much a respectable limit.  Question...what is the process of rolling 2 into 1?  HP required? Simple/easy?

Fairly easy. The card that you want to keep open must have a CLI available online first, (dont accept it).  Your card you want to close needs to be a year old, and zero bal.

So in my case...I wanted to keep my it open, and checked today if I had a CLI available...I did, $1.5k and I did NOT accept it (youll still get it later).  So called in to the BD# for combo, and told her I wanted to close Chrome, and move its limit to the it. She did, and also gave me my additional $1.5k CLI on top of that. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:

Finally!!...I have a Discover card with a $25k CL. Whoop! Smiley Happy

It took me 3 yrs and 11 mo from start to finish, with two successful combinations, plus small CLI's along the way. My first combo was 2 years ago, when I rolled my Miles card into my iT card. Then I turned around a few days later, and instant approval for the Chrome card a year ago.  Today...another combo success, along with the CLI that showed online today as well. 

So my it card (that will turn 4 yrs old next month),  now has a respectable limitSmiley Happy

I may or may not get another card this summer heheheSmiley Wink

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 4.27.43 PM.png

@pizza1 once again showing us all how it's done... bravo!  screamer.gif

citizenkane.gif

Message 8 of 18
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Fairly easy. The card that you want to keep open must have a CLI available online first, (dont accept it).  Your card you want to close needs to be a year old, and zero bal.

So in my case...I wanted to keep my it open, and checked today if I had a CLI available...I did, $1.5k and I did NOT accept it (youll still get it later).  So called in to the BD# for combo, and told her I wanted to close Chrome, and move its limit to the it. She did, and also gave me my additional $1.5k CLI on top of that. Smiley Happy

What number did u call?

Message 9 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

What number did u call?

Ill PM you Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.