Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for Upgrading CSP to CSR

tag
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Rules for Upgrading CSP to CSR

I'm sure this question has been asked before but even though I'm still around 10 months out of even being eligible to upgrade my CSP to CSR, I have some questions if I wanted to it. Since my CL is only $5600, would it be a hard pull to attempt an upgrade to the CSR or only if I was able to upgrade and they increased my CLI. How long would I have to wait after upgrading to the CSR (if I did) to downgrade the card and is there any implications to upgrading from CSP to CSR to CFF, for example?

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Rules for Upgrading CSP to CSR

@manbuckets wrote:

I'm sure this question has been asked before but even though I'm still around 10 months out of even being eligible to upgrade my CSP to CSR, I have some questions if I wanted to it. Since my CL is only $5600, would it be a hard pull to attempt an upgrade to the CSR or only if I was able to upgrade and they increased my CLI. How long would I have to wait after upgrading to the CSR (if I did) to downgrade the card and is there any implications to upgrading from CSP to CSR to CFF, for example?

It would be a HP if you initiate request for increase. In order to do a PC, limit on your CSP would have to be at least $10,000.00 at the time PC is done. 

There is no guarantee increase will happen, you may get a little bit, a lot, or nothing. One thing that can and does help is how much you use CSP. 

Also, no clue what's the limit on your freedom, but you can move some of it to CSP if HP CLI falls short of $10K

CSP needs to be a year old when you attempt PC. 

As far as CSR to Freedom, I wouldn't do it under a year, or until second AF posts. 

You're free to do it at any time though, but if you have eggs in their basket, I wouldn't rock it too much. 

Message 2 of 3
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: Rules for Upgrading CSP to CSR

It sounds like limits in the case of the OP could be a problem since they only have 1,000 on the CFU and 5,600 on the CSP. Comined that won't give you 10,000. If you are under 5/24 there is an option of picking up a CFF with a higher SL. 

You might be better off trying to go with a cash back debit card at the stage you are at since you already have enough cards to get your credit established. You can still collect points through the chase portal through online shopping but paying with your debit card.

If you have $800 dollars to throw down you coud get a Crypto.com 3% credit card which includes monthly payments for Spotify and Netflix which together is worth 27 dollars per month. That $800 dollars you are staking but you get to keep it and the possiblity is there for it to appreciate. You can earn an extra 6.0% on the money that you stake as well, so a $372 dollar value back.

https://crypto.com/us/cards

I have the Chase Trifecta and Hyatt cards but I travel a lot with my gf. I have Spotify but my girlfriend has Netflix so we are splitting some of those services. If I were paying for all of it myself I would probably go the route of something like a CRO debit card. With Chase you aren't going to get a high limit unless you make a good income but with CRO its just the money you're willing to stake.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.