cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

@Shadowfactor wrote:
If the rumors pan out about 4X gas and free prime membership. I’ll be picking up the green card and the 25K bonus I keep getting mailers for.
I already pay for prime so i’ll be saving money on that if they keep the same annual fee (doubt that will happen) I see the card costing $125 at least with free prime.

Agreed!!  I wish people would hurry up and start leaking information alreadySmiley Wink

Message 11 of 528
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

I’m assuming AMEX will also refresh the card design....perhaps a metal card?
Message 12 of 528
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Manonfire wrote:

I wouldn't say no to a metal card.  I like them.

Message 13 of 528
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:
If the rumors pan out about 4X gas and free prime membership. I’ll be picking up the green card and the 25K bonus I keep getting mailers for.
I already pay for prime so i’ll be saving money on that if they keep the same annual fee (doubt that will happen) I see the card costing $125 at least with free prime.

I agree on the annual fee increase to 120-150 or so, but for Amazon Prime, strong earning on gas, and a signup bonus, I would strongly consider it. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, it may be worth it to apply now to get a waived first year, but I imagine the SUB will increase on refresh. 

I had that same thought, but I think I’m gonna wait it out in case this fabulous new Green doesn’t actually happen LOL. I talked to a CSR today and she said she was unaware of any impending changes to Green Card....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 14 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wingennis wrote:

@Manonfire wrote:

I wouldn't say no to a metal card.  I like them.

I am starting to not like them. One or two, sure, but if you want to cancel it is more of a hassle. I am sure others have more than me, but I presently have AXP Gold, USB Altitude Reserve, JPM Sapphire Preffered and Amazon. I might have to get a large magnet and just stick them to it to keep track of them when I am finished with the card. No way I will keep track of the bag to send it back with. 

Message 15 of 528
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I agree on the annual fee increase to 120-150 or so, but for Amazon Prime, strong earning on gas, and a signup bonus, I would strongly consider it. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, it may be worth it to apply now to get a waived first year, but I imagine the SUB will increase on refresh. 

I had that same thought, but I think I’m gonna wait it out in case this fabulous new Green doesn’t actually happen LOL. I talked to a CSR today and she said she was unaware of any impending changes to Green Card....

That’s my plan too. I don’t plan on apping until any changes are made even if it means not getting the AF waived the first year. 

25K points isn’t enough to justify getting the card if the refresh doesn’t happen. I just had that happen with the ED card due to Gold Refresh and now I’m stuck with a card I will never use but will keep open for AAoA stabilization. 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 16 of 528
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

That’s my plan too. I don’t plan on apping until any changes are made even if it means not getting the AF waived the first year. 

25K points isn’t enough to justify getting the card if the refresh doesn’t happen. I just had that happen with the ED card due to Gold Refresh and now I’m stuck with a card I will never use but will keep open for AAoA stabilization. 

I found myself in that same situation.  I got the ED for the 25k bonus to replace my PRG.  Then they made all of those changes and I get to keep it one more year at $195 so the ED is a little redundant.  I was going to upgrade to EDP but 30x transactions/month is just too much work when I can get 4x groceries/4x dining/2x gas until October for the same effective annual fee.  If the green does get refreshed, I may downgrade my gold to green next year and learn to love the Uber card.

Message 17 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

May or may not be different now, but as of a few weeks ago, CSR’s did not know about upcoming  Amex Business Platinum changes.

Message 18 of 528
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I wouldn’t expect any low level CSR’s to know anything about upcoming changes. These types of decisions are made at a higher level of management and are probably privileged until training starts on the new card.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 19 of 528
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

May or may not be different now, but as of a few weeks ago, CSR’s did not know about upcoming  Amex Business Platinum changes.

Hopefully her lack of “in-the-know” is a good sign then? LOL. I would love to see this revamp happen. Never wanted a charge card until this fantasy Green appeared... Don’t take away my dream, Amex! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 20 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.