cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I wouldn’t expect any low level CSR’s to know anything about upcoming changes. These types of decisions are made at a higher level of management and are probably privileged until training starts on the new card.

So the question is:  if even Amex employees don’t know about this, then WHERE are the rumors coming from??

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 21 of 528
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I wouldn’t expect any low level CSR’s to know anything about upcoming changes. These types of decisions are made at a higher level of management and are probably privileged until training starts on the new card.

So the question is:  if even Amex employees don’t know about this, then WHERE are the rumors coming from??

I didn’t say that......

All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t expect the person that’s answering the phone to know anything about this until the changes are announced internally. 

Low level CSR’s are notoriously wrong about a lot of things. 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 22 of 528
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I didn’t say that......

All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t expect the person that’s answering the phone to know anything about this until the changes are announced internally. 

Oh, I wasn’t trying to “challenge” you! I know that CSRs often have no idea what to say other than what’s written in their manuals LOL. I really just want to know where the rumors are spawning and who has this inside info....

Message 23 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Even if they do know something, they more than likely wouldn’t be able to tell anyone until it’s announced officially. 

Message 24 of 528
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I didn’t say that......

Oh, I wasn’t trying to “challenge” you! I know that CSRs often have no idea what to say other than what’s written in their manuals LOL. I really just want to know where the rumors are spawning and who has this inside info....

I didn’t think that at all. Sorry if it came across like that. I was trying to clarify my point

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 25 of 528
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Even if the do know something, they more than likely wouldn’t be able to tell anyone until it’s announced officially. 

That never stopped the rumor millSmiley Wink

Message 26 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't really excited or eyeing any new cards to pickup in 2019 but this just got me excited! I can't wait to hear more about this possible refresh!

Message 27 of 528
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wingennis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Even if the do know something, they more than likely wouldn’t be able to tell anyone until it’s announced officially. 

That never stopped the rumor millSmiley Wink

Right.  At one point, my old Telecom company get fed up with leaks from CSRs, and (to a large extent) succeeded in keeping news of "big" things away from them.  (Big is as always relative, new phones and new plans excite a certain segment as much as say the Cash Magnet did here!)   But leaks went on from elsewhere and this led to the poor situation of customers calling in knowing much more than the CSRs about the impending changes....

Message 28 of 528
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I didn’t say that......

Might not be coming from Amex. The leaks might have come from their marketing company or from their auditors

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 29 of 528
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I know! If it’s true this could be one of the best cards available...
Message 30 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.