cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

@BH1985 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Before people jump on here and start freaking out as to why Amex hasn’t released the green card refresh today, just know that if we are basing the Away credit language as the sign of release date, then 90 days from 01/15/2020 is Thursday 10/17/2019

That would make sense. Both the Gold card relaunch and the Cash Magnet launch were on Thursdays if that means anything.

So Thursday and still nothing. What time of day do they usually release? Midnight or some other time?

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 331 of 528
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure if this is new today... or been around, just remember seeing it.  No app still

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/green-from-amex/

Message 332 of 528
severide
Established Member

That’s been around.

Message 333 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meant to check this morning to see, but got side tracked with my offers. lol

So off topic, is 20% off Delta GC a good deal? Works out to just over 7K MRs, but essentially free to me. Then using it to get the $100 Airline credit to code, mentioned in another post. 

Maybe the update will be at midnite.

Message 334 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Meant to check this morning to see, but got side tracked with my offers. lol

So off topic, is 20% off Delta GC a good deal? Works out to just over 7K MRs, but essentially free to me. Then using it to get the $100 Airline credit to code, mentioned in another post. 

Maybe the update will be at midnite.

With 20% offer, its still 11429 points for 100 GC. Less than the basement value of 1cpp, so I am gonna say no.

Message 335 of 528
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Clicking on personal cards when not logged in and logged in now shows an error but looking at it in private on safari shows the normal page with green “coming soon”. Maybe it’s time?
Message 336 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was listening to the AMEX earnings call, and got a few small nuggets, nothing earth shattering. 

by the sound of it:

- its 100% coming later this month

- broader payback flexibility (vague?)

- "digitially focused" smells like MR points to be earned on some sort of digital subscription, maybe mobile pay?

Message 337 of 528
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was listening to the AMEX earnings call, and got a few small nuggets, nothing earth shattering. 

by the sound of it:

- "digitially focused" smells like MR points to be earned on some sort of digital subscription, maybe mobile pay?

I wish they do mobile pay like AR. I will get this card if they do Smiley Happy

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 338 of 528
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@MrCreditInternational wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

by the sound of it:

I wish they do mobile pay like AR. I will get this card if they do Smiley Happy

Broader payment flexibility...maybe some twist on Pay Over Time?

"...a new program that offers an incentive for Corporate Card members to obtain one of our select consumer cards."

Is this something new? Hasn't the Corporate Advantage Program been around for a while?

Interest in prepaid card and direct deposit-linked cards to compete with Cash App-type products?

"We're not focused on it at all. In fact, we sold that last year to InComm. That's not a segment that we see as an opportunity for us."

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 339 of 528
Remedios
Credit Mentor

So, the whole purpose for this card is saving the planet and having something to downgrade all "math makes sense till AF hits" charge cards to without angering Amex deities.

Maybe I'm missing something

Message 340 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.