cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

@VPExecutive wrote:

@ToxikPH wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:

It's more solid than a Chase Sapphire Reserve or AMEX Gold (AMEX Gold feels like cheap metal with a plastic back). 

You would be correct on the plastic back. Same with the platinum. 

The back is only plastic on the contactless Platinum. On the regular Platinum, it's metal.

Brb ordering an all metal card. 

Message 371 of 528
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I don't care if it's made from recycled toilet paper.  I just want to know how many points it earns and what the fee will be.

Based on the recently rolled back travel/purchase benefits, and which ones will stay with the Green, I predict the AF will be $150.

Message 372 of 528
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

please get back on topic of benefits of green card vs. what it is made of or what other cards are made of etc. as subject is getting off subject.  thanks

Message 373 of 528
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I'm just hoping that Amex makes it's fully worth the $95 plus some so I can downgrade my Gold Card rather than getting rid of it. But I have a feeling I'll end up dumping it and just using my BCP, lol. 

Even though that nice bright green would look nice in the wallet next to that dark blue BCP. 

Okurrrrttttt? *Cardi B Voice* 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 374 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a leak on Reddit this morning outlining the rewards structure and benefits of the card. I'm not sure if it is real, but I will list what the picture says here.

30k MR SUB

$150 AF

Limited $100 credit with away luggage

Travel, transit, and dinning all have the same multiplier, but the exact number is cut off. Speculation in the comments suggests 3x.

$100 credit to clear

$100 credit to loungebuddy.

And that's about it. You can see the leak on the r/amex subreddit

Message 375 of 528
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Like... who takes a photo of a "leak" and cuts off the most important info?

qbo9wm2evwt31

Message 376 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Like... who takes a photo of a "leak" and cuts off the most important info?

qbo9wm2evwt31

Someone trying to snap a photo without getting caught and losing their job?

Message 377 of 528
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks to me like a  controlled leak.

Message 378 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that's true, it kind of seems like a yawn to me. Bonus categories for travel AND transit? Seems redundant, no?

The Clear membership credit isn't valuable to me because my airport doesn't have it and I don't regularly fly to airports that do. Does anybody know if the Loungebuddy credit is worth anything? I've never used it. (My home airport only has a Delta lounge, so I have a hard time thinking anything on Loungebuddy will be a big help there). 3x on dining means nothing since I have the gold. I suppose I could downgrade the CSR once and for all with 3x on travel for the green card, but I dunno... 

I think I'll be passing on the green card if that's what it ends up being...

Message 379 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks to me like a  controlled leak.

It looks to me like the same kind of internal marketing material Comcast used to give us before launching a new product. Normally would be accompanied with talking points for CSRs on a second page. 

Message 380 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.