cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
Trikoret
Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

It doesn't mention if foreign fees are waived or still being charged.
Message 391 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

Photoshopped or Real Green Card ?

https://ibb.co/PWbcP7G

Any thoughts if real or photo shopped ?
Message 392 of 528
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

While it certainly seems plausible, I'm hoping that that leak isn't the whole truth. At least not until we know how the categories shake down. Just surprising it hasn't dropped yet.

Message 393 of 528
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

(imho, Clear is a better credit than Platinum's Global Entry).

Just wondering why?   Because GE is available on so many other cards, or because Clear is more useful?  Clear doesn't seem to help with physical screening or customs, unless I am reading it wrong!

1. Clear is annual. Global Entry is every 5 years. The GE credit on many cards means the $100 credit is divided into 4-5 years, or a value of $20 to $25 per year, vs the $100 per year credit on the Green if it is indeed true.

2. Clear is expensive. $179/year. For domestic, Clear is a clear winner on speed vs PreCheck (included in GE). It is so much faster, hence the significantly more expensive cost (of course, you can combine Clear and Pre-Check for the ultimate airport security experience). I also noticed that some airports give way more priority to Clear than Pre-Check, giving them a dedicated portion of the scanners.

Given these two points, I would rather pay for Global Entry myself, and get the credit for Clear. Even disregarding the facts about Clear's vs Global Entry's usefulness, the cost alone makes Clear the better credit, in my opinion.

(Of course, GE for international is another story, although there seems to be a digital customs form (mobile passport app) that is almost as fast as GE now, albeit, only for US citizens.)

Message 394 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, privacy hawk here. There is no way I'm giving my biometric info to a private company like alclear.
Message 395 of 528
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Oh look......it's the 22nd and still no AMEX Green Card refresh.

Good thing I wasn't holding my breath.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 396 of 528
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

Oh look......it's the 22nd and still no AMEX Green Card refresh.

Good thing I wasn't holding my breath.

Well, at least there wasn't a huge thread on it at MyFico.....

Message 397 of 528
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sorry, privacy hawk here. There is no way I'm giving my biometric info to a private company like alclear.

Yeah, I feel a bit squicky about stuff like Clear and GE just on the basis that they are selling us liberty that was taken from us in the name of safety.  I shouldn't have to pay to be treated like a human being, nor should security be circumventable with a bribe... but that's just me...

Back on topic, the leak seems to indicate we're at least getting close.  All these credits don't really do anything for me.  I really just want to see category point earnings.

Message 398 of 528
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I feel a bit squicky about stuff like Clear and GE just on the basis that they are selling us liberty that was taken from us in the name of safety.  I shouldn't have to pay to be treated like a human being, nor should security be circumventable with a bribe... but that's just me...

Back on topic, the leak seems to indicate we're at least getting close.  All these credits don't really do anything for me.  I really just want to see category point earnings.

+1

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 399 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

$150 AF seems a bit high for this card, IMO. For only $100 more you can get a superior Gold card. At least so far.

Message 400 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.