cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

I have come across a couple of vague references to upcoming changes to the Green card.  Google hasn't been my friend...does anyone have links to anything interesting?  I'm one of the very few people that don't benefit much from the changes to the Gold.  The restaurant/food credits have no value in rural northern Arizona where pizza is still delivered by stagecoachSmiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 528
527 REPLIES 527
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

There's some discussion about this in the Garden thread, a few hundred posts back, I think. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 528
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I soooo hope these rumors are true. The fuel rewards and potential Amazon Prime alone would make it worth it for me. I’ve never had a charge card but would definitely jump into one for those rewards!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 528
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Save on Amazon Prime, which I've had since day 1, would be cool as heck.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 528
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Prime perk will be nice (if true) for certain people, but you still need to have a good use for MR points. Unfortunately, for me at least, I don't think there's enough 1c per point redemption options to make it make sense.

Nevertheless, it's never bad to see added perks and options for people. The Green has needed a revamp for some time now.

Message 6 of 528
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

If the rumors pan out about 4X gas and free prime membership. I’ll be picking up the green card and the 25K bonus I keep getting mailers for.
I already pay for prime so i’ll be saving money on that if they keep the same annual fee (doubt that will happen) I see the card costing $125 at least with free prime.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 7 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowfactor wrote:
If the rumors pan out about 4X gas and free prime membership. I’ll be picking up the green card and the 25K bonus I keep getting mailers for.
I already pay for prime so i’ll be saving money on that if they keep the same annual fee (doubt that will happen) I see the card costing $125 at least with free prime.

I agree on the annual fee increase to 120-150 or so, but for Amazon Prime, strong earning on gas, and a signup bonus, I would strongly consider it. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, it may be worth it to apply now to get a waived first year, but I imagine the SUB will increase on refresh. 

Message 8 of 528
blindambition
Senior Contributor

This revamp is long overdue. The one card that currently makes no sense. The reward structures and perks have come a long way since my Green in 1992.

Message 9 of 528
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

There's some discussion about this in the Garden thread, a few hundred posts back, I think. 

I read that (yes, I want credit for reading 5145 posts!).  Thanks for pointing the way.

Message 10 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.