cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

This would be nice. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 31 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's too good to be true, it usually is. What are the chances Amex give you $125 a year for free? None.
Message 32 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If it's too good to be true, it usually is. What are the chances Amex give you $125 a year for free? None.

Agreed. I do find the other rumored benefits intriguing though, so if it all panned out and the AF was anywhere remotely in the vicinity of Prime, I'd find it hard to pass.

Message 33 of 528
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

So the question is:  if even Amex employees don’t know about this, then WHERE are the rumors coming from??

Might not be coming from Amex. The leaks might have come from their marketing company or from their auditors

Their auditors? No. Auditors look at financial statements after the period closes, after transactions have completed. The only potential auditor contacts if this sort of new product were being discussed would be at the Partner level, and those folks are not the type to feed rumor mills.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 34 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

So the question is:  if even Amex employees don’t know about this, then WHERE are the rumors coming from??

Might not be coming from Amex. The leaks might have come from their marketing company or from their auditors

Their auditors? No. Auditors look at financial statements after the period closes, after transactions have completed. The only potential auditor contacts if this sort of new product were being discussed would be at the Partner level, and those folks are not the type to feed rumor mills.

@Anonymous was @RicHowe that started the rumors in the garden. 

Message 35 of 528
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous was @RicHowe that started the rumors in the garden. 

I wonder if they got one of the email surveys asking, "if they did this to that particular card would they consider getting it?"

I had one from Amex a few weeks back on the Reserve.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 36 of 528
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see the amazon credit happening on the green card personally as kinda doesn't make sense IMO as if any card it would well be on the amazon business Amex card vs. green card... Granted the Amazon Business card doesn't have an AF so I don't really believe the amazon prime thing really.. I think the green card will get soome buffs though to keep it releveant although the AF wil certainly increase as it has with the Plat and gold so only makes sense if they are paying out more on whatever it might be with regards to a refresh.

Message 37 of 528
jb1280
Valued Member

I agree about it being unlikely to include Prime Membership with the card. I could, however, see something like a $10/Month Amazon credit that has the possibility for breakage. 

It makes sense for Amex to upgrade the Green Card like they have the Gold and Platinum in recent years. Like with the other two, the initial annual fee will go way up, but the actual fee if you use all of the credits is lower. The combination of online/streaming services and fuel as MR multipliers does seem like an odd combination.

With an upgraded charge card portfolio with automatic Pay Over Time features, it really opens up the question of what’s going on with the Everyday credit cards and their future.

Message 38 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

3x back on "streaming services" and free Amazon Prime would definitely entice me, depending upon what the AF winds up being. Right now I can safely ride out the changes to Gold, because the new AF doesn't kick in till the year after. And I'll take the Airline Credit in the new year, reducing the current $195 AF enough to make the perks i can use worthwhile. But once that changes and the Green card becomes more attractive, I may switch. But the perks have got to be worth the jump. 

Initially I was planning to just downgrade to the green, but if there is a nice SUB attached I'll just app for it before closing the Gold. 

I've got a whole year to see what happens though.

Message 39 of 528
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

{Rumor} AMEX Green Refresh.

DOC has an article in regards to the AMEX Green refresh. Anyone else hear anything else ?

Message 40 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.