cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: {Rumor} AMEX Green Refresh.

quite a bit speculation about it.

DOC's list seems unimpressive, especially if no amzn prime membership and an AF.

Even if it has amzn primeship and a 119 AF, its still basically a no AF card with 4x on gas and 3x on streaming..... It's not bad, but not outstanding neither.

Message 41 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this stays at 95$ annual fee this is a game changer to me. I would certainly drop my Premier if this card added the 4x on gas and 3x on streaming services. I value MRs way more than TY. My TYs are valued at just 1.25c since I only use portal redemptions.

Heck even if prime was a benefit, this would be great. If this came with the 25k sub as well would be awesome.
Message 42 of 528
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’ve heard about this too. The 4x on gas makes it highly appealing. Prime would be great too. I’ll have to see what the AF ends up being though...I would love to see this refresh happen.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 43 of 528
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

This has been discussed already.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Rumors-about-AMEX-Green/td-p/5445204

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 44 of 528
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Even if the fee went up to $119, 3x on streaming services and pre-paid Amazon Prime is a nice combination. I also see how this refresh is targeted to Millenials / Gen X'ers.

Adding 2x on grocery and dining would have been a nice feature (hint hint) and I'd be more comfortable carrying Platinum+Green+BBP (downgrading the Gold).

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 45 of 528
quickstrike
Valued Member

I think 4x gas and 3x streaming in itself is not worth an annual fee.  Even if Prime is thrown in, it's not a long term keeper if Prime is a one-time thing and not recurring.

Message 46 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think streaming and utility services in general are often missed/overlooked categories for rewards. Most cards seem to focus on Gas, Dining and/or shopping, so it would be nice to see a card cover one or more of these niche categories that more and more people are using today.

Message 47 of 528
Remedios
Credit Mentor

This sounds almost as exciting as Starbucks card. Almost. 

Message 48 of 528
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If this card had a blueish tint to the Green id go for itSmiley Wink
Message 49 of 528
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe they'll make a metal version with an "Emerald Green" limited edition 😄 That'll get another FOTM thread going.
Message 50 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.