cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

This would be interesting.
What would classify as “Streaming”? Does anyone with a US Bank card also have streaming services to say what the MCC code is?

Including Prime for the AF would seem to lead to some number of MR points for Amazon purchases.

Having 4MR for gas on the Green would make sense as part of the strategy shift taking gas away (later in 2019) from the Gold.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 81 of 528
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
Does anyone with a US Bank card also have streaming services to say what the MCC code is?

Using another card 2% for current services, so no listing of MCC codes

The new category does not take effect for US-Bank until next month.

I have Dish for TV, Spectrum Internet, and a couple of streaming services.

All pay late each month.  

I can get you codes that work or not from my services in about 5 weeks.

US-Bank gave me the code they except for gym membership over the phone.

If you want to wait on the phone for awhile, you might be able to get the MCC codes for the new category.

The other problem is how each vendor really codes, many vendors do not code as they should.

If you list the tv, Internet and streaming services you have, I am sure in 5-6 weeks we will have the answers.

I will list my codes, vendor name, and a (Yes/No) for US-Bank Rewards.

Amex codes could be different, they sure are for grocery.

Message 82 of 528
NRB525
Super Contributor

Good point, AMEX certainly will code differently. Gas for sure.
I don’t have any “streaming” subscriptions, so we’ll have to wait and see I guess.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 83 of 528
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I kinda feel like this is click bait to create site traffic.

The whole I know somebody... Amex is supposed to launch this in March, now June.

Message 84 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

3X Streaming and Amazon Prime would be nice as long as the AF doesn't skyrocket. The gas would be cool too, but the problem here is that all the stations are connected to gorcery stores. So I'm not 100% on whether they would code correctly.

If all 3 perks were to actually work for me, and the AF wasn't more than $125. I would consider the green.

Though it wouldn't be until after next year when the AF on Gold goes to $250, and I find out if I'm unable to offset it with existing perks. 

planty of time to weigh the options.

Message 85 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

There’s no way they’re going to have a $125 AF. I would put it at $150-$175 if they include Prime. There’s no way Amex is going to just say “hey, get our card and we will give you Prime for free instead of making you find value in our points system” because people would get the card for the Prime benefit and use other cards for higher rewards payouts. 

Message 86 of 528
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There’s no way they’re going to have a $125 AF. I would put it at $150-$175 if they include Prime. There’s no way Amex is going to just say “hey, get our card and we will give you Prime for free instead of making you find value in our points system” because people would get the card for the Prime benefit and use other cards for higher rewards payouts. 

Or, as others have suggested, prime for just the first year (or rebate if you spend enough etc)

Message 87 of 528
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

If the AF jumped up past $150-I would have to STRONGLY consider letting mine go. Even though I'd rather have 4x in MRs--I have quite a few other cards I can get 2 to 3% cash back on and not pay an enormous AF. Also I don't really use any streaming services ATM.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 88 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see how it would benefit you to get the card and pay $125 annual fee if the only benefit you wanted was Prime.  Prime membership is $119 a year.  You would be losing $6 a year doing this.  I am suprised so many people pay for Prime.  I had 5 months of free trials last year and it didn't seem to have much value.  

Message 89 of 528
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see how it would benefit you to get the card and pay $125 annual fee if the only benefit you wanted was Prime.  Prime membership is $119 a year.  You would be losing $6 a year doing this.  I am suprised so many people pay for Prime.  I had 5 months of free trials last year and it didn't seem to have much value.  

I would agree, with Prime's price hike I struggled to justify it. If I need an item quickly I will just cough up the money for expedited shipping. Otherwise I'm fine to just wait for standard, not worth $119 a year for me. So a Prime perk won't entice me, but could for others I suppose

Message 90 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.