cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

Annual fee is going to be what? $150? 

You know they're not going to keep it at $95.

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 341 of 528
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

If they're increasing it, I think they will only increase it to $99.

Their increase pattern seems to be:

$95 to $99 (Delta Gold)

$195 to $250 (Gold, Delta Platinum)

$450 to $550 (Platinum, Delta Reserve)

Message 342 of 528
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I think it would take some guts to significantly increase the annual fee with a plastic card, in 2019, unless the rewards are stunning. CSP is $95/year.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 343 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

$95 to $99 (Delta Gold)

If they truly add Amazon Prime membership as rumored, it will have to go up. $150 sounds about right so people don't just get the card for the Amazon Prime benefit but also not so high as to cannibalize interest in the Gold. 

Of course I don't think Amazon is going to be part of the package, especially with the whole recycled plastic card stuff... just doesn't really seem like using reclaimed plastic to make your card and then partnering with a company that uses a ton of single use plastic would be a great idea. That's how you get crucified on social media. So who knows what benefits the new card will have and if they're worth a hiked AF. 

Message 344 of 528
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

$95 to $99 (Delta Gold)

If they truly add Amazon Prime membership as rumored, it will have to go up. $150 sounds about right so people don't just get the card for the Amazon Prime benefit but also not so high as to cannibalize interest in the Gold. 

Of course I don't think Amazon is going to be part of the package, especially with the whole recycled plastic card stuff... just doesn't really seem like using reclaimed plastic to make your card and then partnering with a company that uses a ton of single use plastic would be a great idea. That's how you get crucified on social media. So who knows what benefits the new card will have and if they're worth a hiked AF. 

Keep in mind Prime itself may undergo changes. Prime shipping and Prime streaming video may become separate services, each available for a standalone fee.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 345 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

$95 to $99 (Delta Gold)

Keep in mind Prime itself may undergo changes. Prime shipping and Prime streaming video may become separate services, each available for a standalone fee.

I hadn't heard about that. If Amazon does it, they'll kill Prime Video. 

Message 346 of 528
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

You may not believe it, but there are lots of people who use Prime as a digital platform and don't care much about the shipping aspect of it.  They make money both ways (from either group of people), which is why bundling makes sense for them. It's more than just Shipping and Video. It has become more of a membership service than a traditional subscription service (kinda like Costco), and this gives them flexibility on what perks to add and remove (like Prime Air or Amazon Key). Then there are those which become staples like the annual Prime Day, and those that are regional like Prime Pantry and Prime Same-Day (my favourite).

Message 347 of 528
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

I think it would take some guts to significantly increase the annual fee with a plastic card, in 2019, unless the rewards are stunning. CSP is $95/year.

Well, as someone who doesn't get the whole plastic vs metal, I don't know if that is really a big factor in the wider credit world.   There are going to be some who get it, as today, for its  claimed "iconic" status and some minor bump in rewards may be enough for it to appear to be worth it even with a large increase.     As cards slowly move to phones and watches, composition should matter less!

Message 348 of 528
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

Well, as someone who doesn't get the whole plastic vs metal, I don't know if that is really a big factor in the wider credit world. 

Also, it will not be just a plastic card. It will be recycled plastic card — a major point of their relaunch — which for some people is subjectively better than "regular" plastic.

Message 349 of 528
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

You may not believe it, but there are lots of people who use Prime as a digital platform and don't care much about the shipping aspect of it.  They make money both ways (from either group of people), which is why bundling makes sense for them. It's more than just Shipping and Video. It has become more of a membership service than a traditional subscription service (kinda like Costco), and this gives them flexibility on what perks to add and remove (like Prime Air or Amazon Key). Then there are those which become staples like the annual Prime Day, and those that are regional like Prime Pantry and Prime Same-Day (my favourite).

I would happily cancel prime video (I don't use it often enough), I can pay prime video in the summer months when I actually watch it. lol

Message 350 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.