cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green? (Now Live for New Apps)

tag
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

@Anonymous wrote:

^ When was this? I'm at 5 revolvers and I believe that I still get the pre-approved wording. 

Currently, all revolvers for me show the "Expanding is easy" wording; but I have gotten all cards you see in my sig in the past 10 months. 

Edit: Plus a Hilton Honors card (No AF) in April and a Guitar Center card back in early 2018.

Message 241 of 528
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@ToxikPH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

^ When was this? I'm at 5 revolvers and I believe that I still get the pre-approved wording. 

Currently, all revolvers for me show the "Expanding is easy" wording; but I have gotten all cards you see in my sig in the past 10 months. 

Edit: Plus a Hilton Honors card (No AF) in April and a Guitar Center card back in early 2018.

While I'm not sure if there are any fixed requirements about this...in addition to a long credit history, income may play a role in getting a 6th or 7th revolver.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 242 of 528
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@ToxikPH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While I'm not sure if there are any fixed requirements about this...in addition to a long credit history, income may play a role in getting a 6th or 7th revolver.

Both of those would seriously explain my situation as I'm a college student so AAoA/AoOA is low and income is quite low too (31k). I'm honestly surprised with what cards I currently have given those and the speed I got them in. This thread is about the green card though so a new charge card should be no problem but let's see those point multipliers first!

Message 243 of 528
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar   Sorry for the OT in the GREEN thread, but that BLUE Avatar is You!Smiley Happy

Much better than the one you stole borrowed from meSmiley Wink

again sorry for being OT

Message 244 of 528
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FinStarsorry for the OT in the GREEN thread, but that BLUE Avatar is You!Smiley Happy

again sorry for being OT

Smiley Very Happy  I saved the other one as well...you know the one I stole....errrr, borrowed Smiley Tongue... just to change things up here and there Smiley Wink

Message 245 of 528
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FinStar   Sorry for the OT in the GREEN thread, but that BLUE Avatar is You!Smiley Happy

again sorry for being OT

Oh and I'm ready for Green Day...whenever that comes.  This will give my good ole "Greenie" a new life!

Message 246 of 528
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ToxikPH wrote:

@Trikoret wrote:
Coming this fall could mean as early as next week

Oh boy, I sure hope so. I've always wanted the green solely to have all three charge cards and the max 8 Amex.

So you would get enough value for the 3 AFs, with an income of about $31K?

Message 247 of 528
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ToxikPH wrote:

@Trikoret wrote:

Oh boy, I sure hope so. I've always wanted the green solely to have all three charge cards and the max 8 Amex.

Depends on the multipliers on the green but so far I've had no problem!

Message 248 of 528
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ToxikPH wrote:

@Trikoret wrote:

Looking into it you do have a point on the Platinum, i've been so caught up in the shiny factor that I didn't recognize I've been calculating break-even point not the profit point so that card will be getting cancelled on the one year mark. As for my gold card, I don't know a better alternative.

Message 249 of 528
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

All this Platinum and gold and avatar talk and I just want to hear about my Green card actually becoming worth having again....

This is your last chance Greenie....you're gone for the Gold if this refresh doesn't satisfy my needs and Lucifer likes to have his needs satisfied.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 250 of 528
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.