cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors about AMEX Green?

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: {Rumor} AMEX Green Refresh.

Interesting point on that bolded item - so what happens to the earning structure if folks potentially have the Chase Amazon Prime and SYNCB Amazon Prime or AmEx Amazon Prime Biz linked to the same Prime membership? 🤔
Message 71 of 76
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Interesting point on that bolded item - so what happens to the earning structure if folks potentially have the Chase Amazon Prime and SYNCB Amazon Prime or AmEx Amazon Prime Biz linked to the same Prime membership? 🤔

Cue "exploding head gif" here.

FICO 08 Scores (Nov-18): TU 783, EQ 791, EX 771

Message 72 of 76
Regular Contributor

In order to keep their card as a Prime version, Amazon requires that you have the Chase card linked to the membership as the default card to be charged when it renews. The linked card is displayed on the prime membership page. This is different from the standard payment options list of cards.

Not sure how the others work.

Message 73 of 76
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@TheBrad wrote:

In order to keep their card as a Prime version, Amazon requires that you have the Chase card linked to the membership as the default card to be charged when it renews. The linked card is displayed on the prime membership page. This is different from the standard payment options list of cards.

Not sure how the others work.

Thing is the AMEX Amazon Business card works the same way. You receive the full benefits of either 5% or 90 days financing on the purchases provided you have a Prime account whether that's personal or business. Admittedly, I don't know if they check if you have a Prime account at the time of application or if it is something that has to always be true otherwise they downgrade your card/account accordingly. Something I don't worry about since I plan to keep Prime for the foreseeable future but something to look into.

FICO 08 Scores (Nov-18): TU 783, EQ 791, EX 771

Message 74 of 76
Regular Contributor

Re: Rumors about AMEX Green?

You get Amazon Prime + Prime video (and 10 gigs of hotspot data) with Metro by T-Mobile prepaid. $60/month all inclusive. I have it. Metro runs on T-Mobile. I consistently get 50mbps+ (over 100mbps down at times) down and 35mbps up. It’s fast.....

There are other ways to get Prime. I’m not sure Amex Green is the best way. 

Message 75 of 76

Hmm. My Prime Account has my Amex ED card as the payment option for membership renewal and it renewed in September. Just checked my latest Amazon Prime card statement from last week and my Amazon purchases received 5% back. 

Amex Gold / Amex BBP $2k / Delta Amex Gold $6.8k / Amex EveryDay $8k / Citi DoubleCash $5.2k / Citi Best Buy Visa $2k / Chase Freedom $3k / Chase Amazon Prime Visa $2k / Discover IT $2.2k / Capital One Quicksilver $3.5k / Wells Fargo Platinum Card $3.5k / Charlotte Metro Credit Union $5k
Message 76 of 76