Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

Call the number on the above contact info.

Message 11 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

all automated.

0 is not a valid response.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

damn.  The account rep I applied with didn't say anything about that.  The last time negative information was reported on one of my accounts was 2.3 years ago.  Looks like I could be doing the Orange-cash pre-paid route.  That sucks.  I did go in personally though and thought that I made a good impression... we'll see if that helps me.

EDIT:  In fact, before I even applied I told the rep: "This is what my EQ and TU FICO scores are.  Do you think I have a chance to be approved for a chip and pin card?"  Rep didn't even blink and said, "Yes, of course".

Have you thought about getting their secured card as oppose to the Orange pre-paid? SDFCU secured card has the same benefits as their unsecured but their APR is 6.99%.

I asked about this and the secured card is not EMV chip and pin.  But yes, I would be absolutley willing to secure $5000 at any bank if it got me a chip and pin card.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

UPDATE:  SDFCU approved my recon and counter-offered $5k, which I gladly accepted.  8.99%APR, $0 Annual Fee, 0% Foreign Transaction Fee, Awesome Rewards.  This is, hands down, the best EMV card available in the United States today.  I feel great that I got it!  Woo hoo!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.