Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

They asked me to email in a signature and proof of income. Is this a good sign or do they ask everyone for this?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

@ficojoe wrote:

They asked me to email in a signature and proof of income. Is this a good sign or do they ask everyone for this?

I applied at the branch office, but I am pretty sure I signed something for them and gave them some earnings statements.  Are you a member already?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

I applied at the branch office, but I am pretty sure I signed something for them and gave them some earnings statements.  Are you a member already?

I joined about a month prior but waited to apply for the card until yesterday. My score jumped up pretty good yesterday with some deletes, so I went on an app spree Smiley Happy 760 FAKO on Equifax. Lots of Inquiries might scare them. 1 collection from midland might scare them, it is very old, but the way midland reports it looks new and bad, but it is under dispute. My federal tax lien dissapeared yesterday! woo hoo.

I was denied by Grow financial yesterday because I have new credit from NFCU, they told me to call back in 6 months to a year.

Message 3 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

They are going to pull Experian.  They base the interest rate off of your EX FICO score.  After that, it goes to manual review for card approval.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Experian is not as good as Equifax. Experian shows some 5 year old 120 day lates which keeps the FAKO much lower. tax lien only sows on TU now (should be deleted, but TU is slackin). Hope my Ex is good enough for them.

Message 5 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

They approved me for an 8.9% APR with my 693 on EX.  And then they called me the next day to tell me I was not approved for the card.  I needed this card though, so I kept working at it.  Thankfully, with my extra effort, I got approved a couple weeks after that.

Message 6 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

They approved me for an 8.9% APR with my 693 on EX.  And then they called me the next day to tell me I was not approved for the card.  I needed this card though, so I kept working at it.  Thankfully, with my extra effort, I got approved a couple weeks after that.

Thanks. If they deny me, I will ask them to reconsider. What method(s) did you use to reconsider, or, having been through it, what would you suggest for someone else to try if needed?

My Experian FAKO is 690. Not seen a recent FICO.

Message 7 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Well, I immediately tried to explain myself over the phone when I got the call stating I was denied the card.  The rep put some notes in my account and told me that they only would consider my request for reconsideration if it was in writing.  And so I wrote a letter.  It was very proffesional, on my work letterhead, and written in a manner similar to an official memorandum.  The basic nature of it, though, was:

1.  I realize that I had this issue on this date in the past but it was becasue blah blah blah.

2.  I am awesome.  Following are reasons why I am so awesome...

3.  signature

After faxing that to the credit loan approval dept, I verified that they got it and waited until a specific day the following week when they have some kind of meeting to go over such written requests.  After this meeting had occured, I received another call asking if I would accept $5k.

Message 8 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

They emailed me today again looking for 2 years of tax statements. I wonder if that is a good sign or if that is usual operating procedure at SDFCU?

"Please provide the signed copies of your last two years tax returns and also a completed loan application. Once this information is received, reviewed and verified we will contact you with the status of your request."

Message 9 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I am pretty sure I gave them earnings statements for the past 2 months.  I don't remember giving them tax statements.  I went in expecting a conservative lender, and I knew my scores would be at the very low range of what they would approve, but I wanted that EMV card with PIN and I was relentless to get it.  If they requested my tax returns, I would have found them, signed them, and sent them.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.