Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Premium Cash Back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDFCU Premium Cash Back

I'm interested in getting some data points from those who applied for this card.

If you have the card, what is your experience? Is it easy to redeem cashback? How's the customer service?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: SDFCU Premium Cash Back

If I recall, if you search this forum for “SDFCU” there are a couple threads with comments from a few people who apped the 2% card recently.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 4
minski
Established Contributor

I got this card recently.

I applied for membership end of July and got accepted. They sent me some paperwork but not the usually bunch of introductory packet I was expecting. I felt kind of directionless and didn't even know where to find my account number until I inspected the few papers they sent me by mail more closely. In this case, I felt that they were lacking in organization and in welcoming a new member compared to several other credit unions I am a member with.

End of September (on the 30th) I applied for the credit card. My last app was Oct 2017. I had at least one inquiry on EX for a credit union membership. SDFCU pulled EX for credit card application. My FICO 8 scores were in 780s and FICO 9 scores in 790s. I think SDFCU pulls EX v2? I was 757. I have a clean report. Approximately 5% total utilization. First week of October I got Docu-Sign emails. I thought it was in bad taste to send a Docu-Sign email for credit insurance when I never asked for it. I didn't sign that and they ended up voiding that Docu-Sign. I was approved for the lowest APR with SL $15,000. Card arrived in 1-2 weeks (I wasn't counting).

Online banking - I like the interface so far. Not doing much because I don't do my banking with them.

Customer Service - I believe I had only one telephone interaction with them. They seemed pleasant enough.

Cash back - I received only one statement so far. I have no idea where the total cash back amount is, either on the paper statement I received or online. I have no idea how to redeem the cash back. So, if anyone else knows, I'd appreciate it!

PIN - I chose the PIN priority version. I have fun inputting the PIN when asked. lol. Sometimes they don't ask for either PIN or signature, though.

I am currently working on the $3000 spend in 3 months for the small bonus they are offering.

Message 3 of 4
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm interested in getting some data points from those who applied for this card.

If you have the card, what is your experience? Is it easy to redeem cashback? How's the customer service?

• Experience - Existing SDFCU member (1 CC and savings). Approval took a week. Requested reason for app given existing CLs (just short of 100k) and current CC with them. 
  • Customer service - All the representatives are very friendly. The CU has a small, community bank feel. IMHO, it's not uncommon to come across agents that lack product knowledge. On at least two occassions, banking requests were processed incorrectly. However, the CU is quick to fix the error when recognized. 
  • Redemption - Statement credit or redeem via the cash-back mall. You can view your cash-back balance in two places:
    1. the cash-back mall or 
    2. After the statement closes, the cashback balance is shown in your transaction history when viewing the account online or via the phone app. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.