Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARS CARD HOLDERS MUST READ!!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

SEARS CARD HOLDERS MUST READ!!

SOOO DOES CREDIT KARMA USE FICO? OR HOW DO THEY CALCULATE YOUR SCORE? OR WHAT SCORING SYSTEM? THANKS 

AlertImportant Information About Your Sears' Credit Score Access

As of June 30, 2013 the Sears Credit Score feature associated with your Sears card will be discontinued and you will no longer have access to SearsCreditScore.com.

You may transfer your account to Credit Karma at no charge. After the transfer, your credit score history and account details will be available onwww.CreditKarma.com. Click on to transfer your account to Credit Karma. Or, you can access your credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com.

Please note that the discontinuation of the Sears Credit Score does not affect other benefits of your Sears card such as savings with valuable coupons, special financing offers every day, and monthly sales events.

If you should have any questions regarding this information, please contact 1-800-917-7700.

Regards,

The Sears Credit Score Team

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: SEARS CARD HOLDERS MUST READ!!

Credit Karma provides 3 credit scores,

* Transrisk

In-house TU credit score. No lender uses this score.

* VantageScore

Score developed by EX/EQ/TU as an alternative to FICO, with more focus on recent credit activity. Chase and some lenders use this score. Ranges from 501-990.

* Insurance Score

Used by auto insurance company as a factor for calculating your rates.

Message 2 of 9
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I'm happy about this.

Before I found this forum I had already signed up for the Sears Credit Score, not realizing it was a CK score.  However, that's all it did - provide a score and nothing else.  Later when I tried to create an account with Credit Karma I was not eligible, as they said I had to stay with Sears.  Been almost a year and I've still not been able to create a CK account.  I'll go try it now using their link, and post back with an update.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I didn't even realize they have a sears credit score. Just last year they upgraded ours from the store card to the MC.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 9
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

UPDATE:

I logged into my Sears account and didn't get any type of message like this, but I was finally allowed to sign up for a CK account just by going there and registering - no longer blacklisted because I have an existing Sears Credit Score account.  Yeah me! Smiley Happy

Bears - sent you a PM.  

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 5 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

Chase uses VantageScore rather than FICO? This is interesting. I guess I didn't give CK enough credit.

Message 6 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

thats awesome that you were able to get a credit karma account ima just let it get deleted or expired sine they say that credit karam doesnt give you a score that lenders usually pull. Just wanted to give sears card holders a heads up Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Chase uses VantageScore rather than FICO? This is interesting. I guess I didn't give CK enough credit.

Chase alternates between Vantage, FICO, and Chase in-house credit score.

Did you know there are 49 FICO scoring models out there, with each model calculates score differently? We simply call them FICO because they came from FICO.

http://www.creditsesame.com/blog/scores-scores-and-more-scores-how-many-fico-credit-scores-do-you-ha...

So the score you get from here and Walmart might be used by some lenders but not others!

Message 8 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Chase alternates between Vantage, FICO, and Chase in-house credit score.

Did you know there are 49 FICO scoring models out there, with each model calculates score differently? We simply call them FICO because they came from FICO.

http://www.creditsesame.com/blog/scores-scores-and-more-scores-how-many-fico-credit-scores-do-you-ha...

So the score you get from here and Walmart might be used by some lenders but not others!

Woah the number 49 blew my mind! OK, now I know the majority of those are from antiquated models that no one is using nowadays Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot for the link. I will take the time to dig into it soon!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.