Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARS MasterCard!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: SEARS MasterCard!!

half this thread is YEARS old I want to point that out which is when it use to have the secondary offer by HSBC.

Message 21 of 24
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I actually work at sears. The card isnt for rebuilding credit. I will tell you now the cashiers prey on everyone. It is run by Citi Bank. However if Citi cannot approve you then Barclays may offer you a card with a AF. The cashiers also get paid for every application even if its declined. 

Barclay backs a 2nd tier Sears MC Now??

Only if Citi bank cant approve you, Barclays may offer you a MC with a AF it is possible to get a no AF the card looks similar to the arrival card

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 22 of 24
One7
Valued Contributor

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Maybe they get some kind of bonus for getting people to apply or approved for one and the person was just saying what he thought you wanted to hear. Citi-backed cards are definitely not a card for rebuilding though.

This is the reason. I used to work at Sears at we get paid for each application we process, same amount for both the MC and store card, whether they're approved or not. However, you also get in trouble if you dont process enough applications per certain number of transactions (and not by dollar amount, but just by the number of transactions, so have fun trying to convince someone to open a credit card when theyre buying a pack of gum!) so everyone would make up a bunch of crap to try to get people to apply for the card. And if youre gullible enough to say yes, you'd better believe we'd casually suggest that you apply for the second one 'at the same time since it only takes a few seconds longer'.

Basically, unless you know for certain that what the clerk is saying is true, be wary. Or just look for a better card to apply for because the Sears MC sucks anyways =P

I figured that was the case. My sister used to work at Home Depot and they have similar policies when it comes to preying on people, pushing their CCs on them. Both backed by Citi... hmmmm... coquensedense?

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 23 of 24
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

I have this card, I started with the Store Version Jan 2011, in Jan of 2013 I was given an upgrade to the  MC version. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.