Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SISTER CREDIT REVIEW

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: SISTER CREDIT REVIEW

Despite the fact that gardening seems like you're doing nothing, it is actually a great tool. Let her build a bit longer of a history and pay off those cards(get util down) as quick as she can...

Then she'll be in a good place for some apps.
Message 31 of 43
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Okay so then how can she go further from where she stands now? 

Best thing she can do right now is get he debts paid down. Then pay in full each month. Give it some time and after a year or so, seek out another decent card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 and @Dustink Thank you guys for your support and now I know that she should wait until she pays down her debt and wait a little longer so she can get a decent card. SOUNDS LEGIT thanks again!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 33 of 43
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I would pay down those balances first on the cards that are close to their limits. My son who is 18 years old and still in high school was approved for the regular version of the  Discover IT $1000 last week. He makes about $15,000 a year. His TU score was 750 and he was about 6% utilization. He only has 4 months history on a Cap One (500), Amazon(500), and Walmart(600) but is also an authorized user on one of my accounts that hitting a year old.

@Editted to add he did not get the 14 month no interest deal. Discover gave him 6 months @ 3.99 apr and then 22.9 % thereafter. He was not accepted on the best terms.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 34 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

^^^^^^^^ Taking note on all this as well thank you @calihlove75

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 35 of 43
mirachi
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Best thing she can do right now is get he debts paid down. Then pay in full each month. Give it some time and after a year or so, seek out another decent card.

+1

Also, I wouldn't worry about getting a loan/mortgage either - I have neither and yet I think my scores are ok....I would suggest, however, that if your sister does want a high scores to not just go on an app spree.....

For now, just let those accounts that you do have age & maybe consider those student cards? (Can't remember if you've mentioned anything about other family members having cc's but maybe she could tag along in one of the older accounts that is in good standing/PIF every month?)

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 36 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

thanks @miachi yeah my parents added her to theri Lowes credit acct which has a $6,000CL AND WAS OPENED ON APRIL 2003 GOT IT  NO MORE APPS UNTIL ACCTS AGE A LITTLE MORE Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 43
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Alright well then for now she should let her current accounts age and get bigger CLs after that Maybe a joint in a SMALL auto or personal loan?? 

imo, she needs to get her utilization down (most important step!) and make sure she is never late on a payment.

i am not in favor of taking out small auto or personal loan JUST to affect credit score (i don't have any loans, auto or personal, showing on my CRs... imo, they are not absolutely necessary to facilitate good credit scores).

after she gets her util down and has absolutely no lates, she might consider applying for a national student nurse credt card as soon as she registers for school (she must be going for her RN, though, not LPN).

It's the National Student Nurses’ Association Platinum Plus® Visa® card with WorldPoints® rewards from Bof A 

see more re nsna at:

http://www.nsna.org/Portals/0/Skins/NSNA/pdf/GUIDELINESMembershipRecruitment2010-2011.pdf

as an RN myself,  i wish good luck to your sister in her nursing career! .. oh, and in her credit building journey Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

SERIOSULY TAKING NOTE ON ALL OF YOUR GUYS HELPFUL ADVICE!! AND @Imua THANK YOU

Message 39 of 43
colindidit
Established Contributor

@Imua wrote:

Alright well then for now she should let her current accounts age and get bigger CLs after that Maybe a joint in a SMALL auto or personal loan?? 

imo, she needs to get her utilization down (most important step!) and make sure she is never late on a payment.

i am not in favor of getting out small auto or personal loan JUST to affect credit score (i don't have any loans, auto or personal, showing on my CRs... imo, they are not absolutely necessary to facilitate good credit scores).

after she gets her util down and has absolutely no lates, she might consider applying for a national student nurse credt card as soon as she registers for school (she must be going for her RN, though, not LPN).

It's the National Student Nurses’ Association Platinum Plus® Visa® card with WorldPoints® rewards from Bof A 

see more re nsna at:

http://www.nsna.org/Portals/0/Skins/NSNA/pdf/GUIDELINESMembershipRecruitment2010-2011.pdf

as an RN myself,  i wish good luck to your sister in her nursing career! .. oh, and in her credit building journey Smiley Happy

+1

Very true...util is the thing most worrisome to lenders as far as I have learned... In 15 days I'll have all my CCs paid off except 275 on one card so I'll have 1 percent util...can't wait

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.