Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO UPSET RIGHT NOW!! No Walmart Statement Generated January

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

SO UPSET RIGHT NOW!! No Walmart Statement Generated January

So I received a Walmart card last month and pif all charges because several on the board said that a statement would generate even with a $0 balance as long as there is activity during that month. Well I logged in today to make sure one did generate after closing on the 13th. NO STATEMENT. I called customer service and was informed that you must leave a balance in order for a statement to generate. Now I have lost a whole month on my quest of four statements so I could request a cli. Oh well, lesson learned. And hopefully my post saves someone else a wasted month.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
w003ptr
Contributor

Re: SOOOOOO UPSET RIGHT NOW!! No Walmart Statement Generated January

You might need a break from credit card forums.  And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 2 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ha! I'm good. Just learned my lesson. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

So I received a Walmart card last month and pif all charges because several on the board said that a statement would generate even with a $0 balance as long as there is activity during that month. Well I logged in today to make sure one did generate after closing on the 13th. NO STATEMENT. I called customer service and was informed that you must leave a balance in order for a statement to generate. Now I have lost a whole month on my quest of four statements so I could request a cli. Oh well, lesson learned. And hopefully my post saves someone else a wasted month.

With GECRB statement will not generate if your balance is $0 and your only transaction was payment only. However it will generate if your balance is $0 and you have had payment and one purchase at least.

Message 4 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

So in the future, make a purchase, make a payment, make it $0 balance, it will generate a statement.
Message 5 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Platinum wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

With GECRB statement will not generate if your balance is $0 and your only transaction was payment only. However it will generate if your balance is $0 and you have had payment and one purchase at least.

Well apparently not. I had 4 transactions then pif within same month. No statement generated because of the $0

Message 6 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

You were missing purchase transaction for that period, right ?

Message 7 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Well apparently not. I had 4 transactions then pif within same month. No statement generated because of the $0

Well, that is weird. I have GECRB Amazon store card. It took me for a while to figure out. I was getting statements generated even with $0 balance as long as there was at least one purchase for that period.

Message 8 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Platinum wrote:

You were missing purchase transaction for that period, right ?

According to online activity, I bought gas 3 times during December then pif on 1/11/14 because statement for that cycle ended on 13th. So, according to CSR because I pif and did not leave a balance for that billing cycle, no statement generated. 

Message 9 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

I am wondering how do they get away with this then ??? If you have made a purchase then they have to document it and put it on your statement. There has to be some federal regulation in regards to this.
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.