Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOUTHWEST CREDIT CARD....yes sorry another thread on this

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SOUTHWEST CREDIT CARD....yes sorry another thread on this

We know Chase loosened their underwriting standards in June last year. I have not seen many if any SW card stories after that but I may have missed some.

Beyond the open collection which is nearly paid, the OP already has 3 years of positive history.

Admittedly it's not a guaranteed approval but I think I could easily sell that story on recon if needed. There are folks with serious mixed files getting approved these days for a CSP and I suspect the UW criteria there is still higher than the SW card.

Personally if I didn't have anything major coming up within a year credit wise and wanted the tradeline, I would take the shot as soon as the collection reported paid and though It would likely not be an instant approval and I would expect to have to chat with an analyst.  Chase current recon policy is legendary.

        
Message 21 of 49
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

My cap1 is 5 years old. I talked to the CEO assistant two days ago and asked for a Cli and rewards card and to remove my annual fees...I was charged my annual fee today, did not get a cli, but now rewards miles showed up on my account. Odd

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 22 of 49
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

We know Chase loosened their underwriting standards in June last year. I have not seen many if any SW card stories after that but I may have missed some.

Beyond the open collection which is nearly paid, the OP already has 3 years of positive history.

Admittedly it's not a guaranteed approval but I think I could easily sell that story on recon of needed. There are folks with serious mixed files getting approved these days for a CSP and I suspect the UW criteria there is still higher than the SW card.

Personally if I didn't have anything major coming up within a year credit wise and wanted the tradeline, I would take the shot as soon as he collection reported paid and though It would not be an instant approval and I would expect to have to chat with an analyst.  Chase current recon policy is legendary.

Good post,

I would at least advise the OP to have the c/o showing as PAID before apping, and recon more than once if needed... I had to recon twice for my CSP and it was the second time I had applied 

Also get your utilization down below 20% before you apply and try not to have a balance on more than 2-3 cards

if you have a balance on all of your cards or high utilization you are shooting yourself in the foot on the recon.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 23 of 49
stormb28
New Contributor

To the user with the $17k repo balance, they didnt come after you? They can renew the SOL cant they? O was in the same predictament, $24k repo balance, I filed BK though because they started procedure to renew SOL 4 months before the SOL was set to expire.
Message 24 of 49
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Ryan whats your credit score look like to obtain that CSP, hopefully my next and last card.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 25 of 49
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Message 26 of 49
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I got a Freedom, it's their starter card now and basically same UW as the old Discover More. 640 FICO and a year of positive revolving history as a minimum. That was the change in 6/12 before it was higher.

Slate isn't a popular card on these forums with all our pontificating about never carrying a balance and the Freedom being otherwise completely better.

        
Message 27 of 49
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

my pull from AMEX 2 weeks before was 715 and they both pulled EXP so I'm assuming it was the same

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 28 of 49
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Ryan I'm not so sure as how you can say you assure someone that chase won't give them a cc with a degro on their credit report. Not only did I get approved for a 4k limit back in Nov of last year with a 17k repo I'm sure its safe to say many other's have gotten approved with degro's on their reports as well.YMMV.

I didn't say that you couldn't get a Chase card with a derrog, I said you couldn't get it with an OPEN derrog.

It's hard enough to get a Chase card with a past derrog, it's almost impossible to get one with an OPEN derrog, especially a OPEN charge off

Message 29 of 49
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.