Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG amex w/ BCE?

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

SPG amex w/ BCE?

Hi all,

I have a Amex BCE, I've had it for about 10 months...and I want the Starwood Preferred now. Can I apply for it despite having a BCE? My BCE limit is super high ($12,500) so might Amex worry about giving me any more credit? Can I PC my BCE?

How can I get the SPG??

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: SPG amex w/ BCE?

I don't see why you think there will be a problem. If they say you have sufficient credit with them you can offer to move some from the Blue Cash Everyday. I would just apply for it and see what happens. If you product change you won't get the bonus.

Message 2 of 3
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: SPG amex w/ BCE?

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I don't see why you think there will be a problem. If they say you have sufficient credit with them you can offer to move some from the Blue Cash Everyday. I would just apply for it and see what happens. If you product change you won't get the bonus.

I agree, don't PC because the bonus on the SPG is pretty good.  As the previous poster stated you can always shift some of your CL to the other card (if that even becomes an issue).

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.