Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG card anniversary night waiting time

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

SPG card anniversary night waiting time

For those of you with the SPG card how long did it take for the renewal night to appear in your account? I know the terms say 8-12 weeks but an award night that expires 1 year from issuance and I'm losing up to 3 months just waiting for it? My Hyatt 75 renewal night posts 1-2 days after my anniversary date.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SPG card anniversary night waiting time

@SkyCommander wrote:

For those of you with the SPG card how long did it take for the renewal night to appear in your account? I know the terms say 8-12 weeks but an award night that expires 1 year from issuance and I'm losing up to 3 months just waiting for it? My Hyatt 75 renewal night posts 1-2 days after my anniversary date.

I’m waiting for mine as well. I’m guessing around 2 months after the anniversary. The 1 year clock starts from when you get the free night not from your anniversary.

so your Hyatt free night posted a day after your anniversary? My anniversary is coming up next week but not sure if I would have to wait till my statement cut to actually get it which would be the 28th.

Message 2 of 4
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

My mistake I thought it started on the anniversary date. How long has it been for you? I guess it's there to prevent people from getting the night and then dumping the card.

If not the same day a matter of days. Mine was appearing in my Hyatt account before the AF appeared.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am authorized user on the SPG card. We opened the account in mid-January 2018. The core card holder received the free night in her Marriott account late February/early March 2019.  We have a year from the time it was issued to use the free night. We have already booked a free night with the certificate for this June. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.