Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG free night clarification...

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

SPG free night clarification...

So someone smarter than me on this hopefully can answer this question..  This is regarding a SPG business card, but fine here for this post as it would be the same for the SPG personal card... My card is over a year old and paid the AF a few months back.. With that said should I be getting my free night 35k certificate any day now?  Is it on marriott or SPG website or mailed?  Maybe this has been discussed before, but possibly missed it?  Or do I have to wait for the NEXT af to hit?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SPG free night clarification...

@K-in-Boston is the master of all things Marriott/SPG...I'm sure he'll swoop in with the answer.  

Message 2 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It should show up in your Marriott account (or SPG if you haven't merged yet?) soon after your account anniversary.  Only account anniversaries since August 1st are eligible for certificates; you'll have to wait until your next one if renewed prior to August 1st.  Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:

@K-in-Boston is the master of all things Marriott/SPG...I'm sure he'll swoop in with the answer.  

I appreciate the vote of confidence!  LOL  I'm not claiming to be an expert whatsoever, but let's just say I've done a lot of (borderline obsessive?) reading.

Message 4 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

It should show up in your Marriott account (or SPG if you haven't merged yet?) soon after your account anniversary.  Only account anniversaries since August 1st are eligible for certificates; you'll have to wait until your next one if renewed prior to August 1st.  Hope that helps!

appreciated why would I have to wait though as SPG is 15 months old or whatever and I was renewed prior to Aug 1st.. So doesn't that make me eligible?  This is where I am dense Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

appreciated why would I have to wait though as SPG is 15 months old or whatever and I was renewed prior to Aug 1st.. So doesn't that make me eligible?  This is where I am dense Smiley Happy

That anniversary was under the old terms with no renewal night. Your next anniversary will be under the new terms (with the renewal night).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Correct, the terms of the card changed effective August 1st.  Beginning August 1st, 2018, new and existing cardmembers receive a free anniversary night on each anniversary.  It's the same for the 15 nights, unfortunately.  Existing cardholders won't get the 15 elite night credit until 2019, although that is good news for those that have multiple Starriott-Carlton cards that are earning elite night credits under the old rules in 2018.

Message 7 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks allfor explanation

Message 8 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston  You've been my go to on many, many occasions.  The credit you get is well deserved and I certainly appreciate it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.