Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRANGE EMAIL from 'Synchrony Bank"....

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

STRANGE EMAIL from 'Synchrony Bank"....

Got  up this morning, and Im checking my emails on my phone, and I see one from "Synchrony Bank"...regarding my "Dillards "App...well, here's the kicker though.....

1). Wells Fargo backs the card

2) I havent applied for a Dillards card since April 23rd., which resulted in a denial for too many new accts and inquires, from WF, and  (rghtfully so too!...but who cares)

SO...Now Im a littled miffed by the weird email, and wondering who I contact for this. Wells Fargo or Synchony to let them know....and of course if I find out someone kept my app from April 23, and re-submitted it,  all hell is gonna break loose on someone. I totally OWN UP to all my apps, and I havent apped for ANYTHING since end of May which resulted in Approvals. Im gardening!!! 

oh, and when I try to click on the "click here" for your response, (it even had a Ref # provided), the next page is black, and says "PDF cannot be displayed"....could this be a delayed response again from my April 23rd app?  i just got a new phone, and its acting weird too, like my Dad called me out of the blue and says, "did you just call me and hang up"?...Im like, no. 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: STRANGE EMAIL from 'Synchrony Bank"....

Hmm i just looked at Dillard's site.  It still says card issued by Wells Fargo.  I would call Synchrony and ask whats up with the email.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Dillard's card was issued by Synchrony before WF, it changed last year some time. Weird indeed....

Message 3 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ok...NOW im pissed!!! Called both WF and Synch....neither worthless companies have any clue about it, and don't know what to do or tell me. The same guy I ALWAYS get at CS at Synch whom I despise for his voice alone....said I didn't know that WF backed the Dillards card... Im like of course you don't, all you do is press buttons! Well BRAVO! (sighs)....
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza, I would say to report it to your e-mail provider and forward as phishing. I received a weird phishing e-mail once about Chase (didn't have an account) and my e-mail provider did look into it once I reported it as phishing. Best not to click on anything in an e-mail too if something doesn't seem right.

I'd also call back both Synchrony and Dillard's and ask to speak to the department that handles internet breaches/ security. They willw ant to be aware that their name is being (mis) used even if they are not the ones who actually sent the e-mail. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza, I would say to report it to your e-mail provider and forward as phishing. I received a weird phishing e-mail once about Chase (didn't have an account) and my e-mail provider did look into it once I reported it as phishing. Best not to click on anything in an e-mail too if something doesn't seem right.

I'd also call back both Synchrony and Dillard's and ask to speak to the department that handles internet breaches/ security. They willw ant to be aware that their name is being (mis) used even if they are not the ones who actually sent the e-mail. Hope this helps.

+1

Message 6 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you HUM!!  ugh...I been so careful to not get anymore inquires, and I didnt see any inquires from WF on TU...last one was 4/23/15 like I said. its just frustrating!! 

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep calling and digging into it Pizza.  Let us know what you figure out.

Message 8 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep calling and digging into it Pizza.  Let us know what you figure out.

LOL..oh I will..I dont let things go that easily like that.  Surely SOMEONE knows **bleep** is up... Maybe this email was lost in transit air space for over a year, and Im just now getting it...who knows, but it freaked me out, LOL

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't waste your time. It's a phish that didn't come from either company.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.