Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUB eligible for Schwab Amex Platinum?

tag
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

SUB eligible for Schwab Amex Platinum?

Thanks to insights from fellow MyFico'ers, I recently switched our banking to Charles Schwab. As a result, I decided that I wanted to get the Schwab Platinum. I already had the Vanilla Platinum, but they didn't offer me any sort of retention offer to keep that card open.

A few days after I closed the Vanilla Plat, I clicked on the standard $60K SUB link for the Schwab Plat. I didn't get the infamous warning pop up. I excitedly pressed submit on the application... and was denied. The denial shocked me, so I recon'd it ...twice. That process took a full week and cost me an EX hard pull. In the end, I was approved (and my faith in Amex was restored).

My questions now are:

1. Do you think this card is indeed SUB eligible?
  2. Is there any way (aside from calling and asking a CSR) to definitively determine the answer to #1? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SUB eligible for Schwab Amex Platinum?

Yes 

Amex online chat

Message 2 of 3
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Re: SUB eligible for Schwab Amex Platinum?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes 

Amex online chat

Thanks for this. Signed up a few weeks ago and am looking for teh 60,000 points which translates to $750 for my brokerage. How the market is still down when it kicks in.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.