Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS! Credit App Spree After Bad Credit

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: SUCCESS! Credit App Spree After Bad Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I get you on the 6.25% with the redeemed bonus.  Someone else can chime in if they'd like, but I am pretty sure you were mislead.  The Cash+ is a signature card which requires a 5k min CL.  I hope for your sake it ends up being the Cash+

Maybe underwriting made an exception...but kinda doubtful

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I get you on the 6.25% with the redeemed bonus.  Someone else can chime in if they'd like, but I am pretty sure you were mislead.  The Cash+ is a signature card which requires a 5k min CL.  I hope for your sake it ends up being the Cash+

My brother is a very established banker at US Bank and I confirmed with him, no way its a cash+ under 5k.  5k CL is the bare minimum for a signature card

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My brother is a very established banker at US Bank and I confirmed with him, no way its a cash+ under 5k.  5k CL is the bare minimum for a signature card

Can your brother hook me up with a cash+ card?!? lol

Message 23 of 27
Objectivist
Valued Member

How long ago was your score in the 500's? What is it now?

Message 24 of 27
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
From US Banks website... "4. Should your application for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa® Signature Card be denied, submitting this application constitutes your application for a U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa® Card. The U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa Card does not earn 5% or 2% cash back." Aren't all visa sigs minimum 5k?

No. Chase will approve a Freedom Signature for under $5k. The $5k figure keeps getting thrown around as fact because some banks will only offer them at that level.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Us Bank falls into that catagory.  I just app'd for the cash plus a week ago and was denied.  I called underwriting and was told I didn't qualify for a 5k CL and that they would give me the platinum with a 1500 limit.  I'm just saying, I hope he's a lucky one, but its far from normal

Message 26 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Well it's a great run of successful apps.  Congrats on improving your CR and best of luck to you!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.